1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock: Chiefs Todd Haley is a Fraud as NFL Head Coach

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

I don’t care if the Kansas City Chiefs win the Super Bowl this season. Todd Haley is not an NFL head coach.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/kansas-city-chiefs-are-legit-but-coach-todd-haley-is-a-fraud-010311

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Pioli is a low-character, self-absorbed egomaniac in love with the sound of his voice.

Pot, meet kettle...

3. Deeper_Background

Haley lucked out with that one magical run with the Cards. If he does the same thing with the Chiefs tough 1st place schedule next year, then he deserves the acolades.

4. Mizzougrad96

Well, he may continue to succeed with the players Pioli gets for him.

I wonder how Pioli feels about Weis (also not exactly known for getting along with people) being run off.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

In the SI profile of Pioli weeks ago, he agreed to do the interview only with the promise his family and friends back home in New York wouldn't be contacted. That's an insecure guy.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's pretty amazing that every coach ever connected to Parcells is somewhat dysfunctional.

7. Mizzougrad96

I think just about every coach in the NFL is highly dysfunctional.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

"YOU bigger fraud than ME."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. shockey

shockey Active Member

a more embarrassing, stupid sentence has never worked its way into one of jason's previous columns.

really, jason? should the chiefs win the super bowl you will still contend haley is not an NFL head coach?

um, rii-iiight....

hey, i'm not necessarily a todd haley fan, either. but you've gotta make your case with a more intelligent argument than that.

10. Deeper_Background

Nice! Maybe Todd will give him a job to replace Weis

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Did you read the column?

He makes his argument in the 1500 words preceding that last sentence.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

That same crap was pulled when the Star wrote a profile. The general gist of the story was how nobody would talk for the story.

Shit, there was a generally harmless anecdote about meeting Bruce Springsteen one time, and the writer had to check, double check, re-check and plow through five people just to get somebody to talk about it.

Thus, many of my fantasy team's are named Pioli's Big Secret.

Draft saved Draft deleted