1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock canonizes Favre

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Derek_W, Nov 5, 2009.

1. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

I find his columns to be none of that. He's a bomb-throwing hack in the Skip Bayless mode, in my opinion.

2. Derek_W

Derek_W Guest

I'm 22 and nearly a lifetime fan. My first memory of the Vikings is reading about their signing of Warren Moon. I remember vividly the 1998 season and the loss to Atlanta in the NFC Championship game. (Another season where we rode the arm of an aging quarterback.)

I'm not pretending the Vikings are a favorite to win the Super Bowl. But I think we're at least primed for a deep playoff run, and I'll enjoy the ride while it lasts.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

*sigh*

Ah, the optimism of youth - yet to have been smashed and shattered with the reality that is Vikings fandom.

Kid, enjoy the ride now, because there will be no deep playoff run.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh for the love of God. A "nearly lifetime" fan of 22. You poor thing. Isn't there a Vikings board for you?

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Shut up, old man, what the fuck do you know?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Sometimes you have to wonder if Whitlock actually watches football.

8. Derek_W

Derek_W Guest

I respectfully disagree, if for no other reason than the NFC is so weak right now. The Giants have been exposed and the Cowboys and Eagles are too inconsistent. The only team in the NFC that's better than the Vikings is the Saints, and I think they can be beaten provided we get CB Antoine Winfield back and healthy.

(Incidentally, Winfield's injury hasn't been mentioned on this thread thus far even though he was a Pro Bowler last season and the team's top defensive back. We almost beat the Steelers and we beat the Packers without him.)

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The "we" shit is just going to generate more ridicule.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shut up, old man, what the fuck do you know?

11. Derek_W

Derek_W Guest

I use it out of habit. If people want to ridicule me for it, let them.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

You bring shame to my generation and the Vikings will lose in the second round when Favre throws five picks.

Was the first part too much?

Draft saved Draft deleted