1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock - Burning Down The Pipe

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

LOL DOC !

2. busuncle

busuncle Member

Eastside High was a training ground for jail. Then Joe Clark took over. Now the kids are getting something they never had. A future.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

How many names does Jay-Z have anyway?

Jay-Z
    Sean, which I guess is his real name, and "Holla" (I saw the computer commercial)
    And now this latest one.
    I guess the important is what the IRS calls you.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jason, when are you going to write about the worst purveyors of bojangling?

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band -- look out, you're in Whitlock's crosshairs now!

5. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

So whitlock is the fat Albert of the Sportsworld. Last I checked, that show was cancelled - much like his voice.

6. scribeinwiscy

scribeinwiscy Member

What does fat have to do with it? So he likes and extra helping here and again. The public, white and black, enjoy reading what "Whitta" has to say. I'd like to share with you something I was taught while playing church-league basketball: "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

Whitta 1, Bruh 0

7. deportes

deportes Member

jason whitlock attacking espn is so predictable, but he's been right on.

8. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Agreed. He hasn't missed yet. And doing Berman next would be great. And, of course, it would be spot-on.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

They used to call Joe Clark crazy. Now they call him Batman.

10. lono

lono Active Member

Whitlock:

Champagne quality work there, even if the targets are easy.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

What, you couldn't find a picture of Jerry Jeff Walker?

Hater.

12. Jimmy Pips

Jimmy Pips Member

In that same column, I was pretty surprised by the shot Whitlock took at Trent Green. A "poor man's Drew Bledsoe"? When has Bledsoe come close to putting up the kind of numbers Green has over the last few years? His TD stats may not be impressive since he's had TD scoring machines in Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson at running back, but I believe he's had over 4000 yards each of the past several seasons, and a passer rating over 90 each year for the past few.

Those stats are nothing to sneeze at considering he's the only QB in the league to do the former and only 2 in history ever did the latter. And I'm sure Whitlock knows better than anyone that Green has done it with arguably the weakest WR core in the league. If his team had actually had a defense at some point during this millenium, there's no reason why his name wouldn't be up there with Brady and Manning.

I remember Jason once referring to Green on Page 2 as "a poor man's Tom Brady", so the sudden demotion to Bledsoe is pretty interesting. Since he follows the team, I'm sure Whitlock has a better idea than I do of who should start when Green is healthy again, and the points about rhythm and confidence are good ones. Regardless of how taken you may be with Damon Huard, though, there's no reason to diminish what Green has accomplished.

Draft saved Draft deleted