1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock: Boyz From the Hood Triumph over Whimpy Euros

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Jun 18, 2008.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Here we freaking go again. As if this weren't already trolled to death in the Finals thread.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Funny how he brushes aside the most obvious rejoinder, the way his boyz keep getting schooled in the Olympics.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This column is so many levels of fuckin stupid, there's no point in even addressing it. It's just Whitlock.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That ain't happening this year.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well, until then, it's still the obvious rejoinder. Our NBA all-star laden Team USA got their asses humiliated in 02, 04, and 06, the last three times they've competed.

That's such a glaringly conspicuous flaw in this article's theme, you'd think he would've at least acknowledged it--blame it on international rules or something--but don't just ignore it.

6. Armchair_QB

Not really. The NBA doesn't use international rules.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

No shit?

8. Armchair_QB

Yeah no shit. I don't agree with the column either but his point, I think, is that a team full of eurotrash can't win playing NBA rules even if Kobe is their point guard.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I KNOW that. My point is he should have made some effort to explain why, if the theme of his article is correct, we keep getting our asses handed to us in international competition.

Because that's the first flaw MANY readers are gonna think of when they read this. If his answer is because of the different rules, he should say that.

And, btw, Kobe sure as hell ain't anybody's "point guard".

10. Armchair_QB

I think he's calling them a bunch of sissies because they don't like contact.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

No shit, you are quite skilled at stating the obvious. But what that has to do with my post I've no idea. Just forget it.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

His point is that he's feeling good about Paul Pierce winning a title, so he decided scratch his balls and belch out some bile. It's pretty much the equivalent to his "Larry Johnson Express" column that ran just before the Chiefs played Indy a few years back in the playoffs.

Draft saved Draft deleted