1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whither Terrelle

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Quakes

Quakes Guest

I think Pryor's doing just fine. I disagree with those of you who say he hasn't developed or that he's a mediocre passer. He's currently ranked 11th in the country in passer rating. He's completing 66 percent of his passes.

Is he perfect? Of course not -- far from it. His improvement hasn't been linear. He has shaky games here and there, and makes some poor throws and poor decisions. (Find me a quarterback who doesn't.) But no one should lay the Wisconsin loss at his feet. And anyone who's watched him a lot at Ohio State knows that he's gotten so much better as a passer over the past three seasons. That wouldn't have happened if he was running the spread or carrying the ball 20 times a game. If he stays for his senior year -- which he should do, and which I assume he will do -- he'll get a shot at playing quarterback in the NFL.

2. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Sorry, but in no way does Pryor have the kind of accuracy needed to be an HFL QB. I also don't think he's all that great as a runner. He's big, yes. But I call bullshit on people who say he's got 4.3 40 speed. No. Way.

His QB rating and his accuracy are products of playing crappy teams and having good receivers. He is not a throw-it-to-win-it QB.

I don't blame it on Ohio State and I don't blame Pryor. He's a victim of the hype machine.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Newton is what Pryor could have been.

Draft saved Draft deleted