1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whither Jean-Jacques Taylor?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Football_Bat, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Chris17

Chris17 Member

Btw, don't underplay the words "ESPN politics". It's real, and it's frightening. What we're hearing this week is just a blip on the radar.

Also, JJT wrote a good Cowboys beat (so, beat for the most overhyped team this side of Notre Dame).... but I was never a huge fan of him as a columnist. Never quite had it there, I don't think. And hated him on The Ticket. Just flat out hard to listen to.

Andro I like, his Rangers coverage is top-of-the-line. But I would imagine FSSW will have him in a very similar role.

2. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Fox Southwest also recently hired Tully Corcoran from Topeka to work out of Houston. Interesting that they've hired Andro now. Is Fox beefing up its web coverage on a local basis to at least not be overwhelmed by the ESPN local sites?

Another question not related to this (possible thread jack) ... could Rupert Murdoch's issues with the phone hacking have any kind of impact on Fox TV and its ability to pay for sports deals?

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No idea, but the ESPN local sites are on indefinite hold. So if they're trying to get a leg up, it's a good move.

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

MH:
    If the ESPN local sites are on indefinite hold, why did/can ESPN Dallas hire JJT? What am I missing?

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I meant in terms of expanding to more than the five local sites they already have if as mentioned above Fox hired someone to work out of Houston (assuming, maybe wrongly?) on Houston-centric sports.

Draft saved Draft deleted