1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whither goeth Law & Order?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Feb 14, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I work Fridays and don't have TiVo, so I haven't seen a single episode of Law & Order this season. How are the new characters? Any life left in the show, or is it out on the Friday night ice floe to die?

I've seen CI a few times (watch House most of the time, tho). From what I've seen, seems like it's going decently. It may be catching up to SVU, which is still solid but is getting into deux ex machina too much lately (the most recent episode had characters saying "This changes everything!" at least twice). And out of nowhere, Stabler wants to get back with his wife, and he's more interesting when he's on his own. And meanwhile, Munch and Finn sit to the side and collect their checks.
  2. BYH

BYH Active Member

No TIVO?

Do you still listen to cassette tapes, compose your posts on a typewriter and still read newspapers, too? :D
  3. dooley_womack1

Well, I do have a scanner to convert my typed words into a post if that helps. But back to the point at hand...
  4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Nothing to contribute but that Don Mossi pic cracks me up every time.
  5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I've seen Law and Order a couple times this year (couple earlier in the season, and a couple more in the last two or three weeks).

Early on, I didn't think the female detective was working, but when I tuned in two weeks ago, it seemed better.

The ADA is the same as the past few ADAs, fairly forgettable. Sam Waterston is the key to the DA office.
  6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

After living for L&O on Wednesdays, I can say I've seen two episodes this season on Fridays --- mainly because I'm one of the prep peons...
  7. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Much as I hate to say it, L&O needs to be put out of its misery. They've tried to liven up the show by centering nearly every episode around a very transparent version of some public figure -- Mel Gibson, Ann Coulter, Ted Haggard ---- but the writing is s is flat and the episodes are limp. Putting the new ADA and detective in tight fitting clothes is nice, but not enough. The show has hung on too long.
  8. lantaur

lantaur Active Member

Agreed for the most part. The storylines all have to be some major case. Look back at some of the older L&O's, they all weren't like this. The "surprises" are often transparent. The new detective not only wears tight shirts all the time, but she also seems to lean back - or at least stands up incredibly straight - to show off her, um, assets. I know things can't be like they used to be, but you know what, I still laugh at the Simpsons.
  9. lantaur

lantaur Active Member

And it shall continue.

10. It is time to promote McCoy, get rid of Fred the hack, and bring back Paul Robinette as the lead DA with the current ADA, who's fine. I actualy like Green and the new detective, but the show's writing really is flat. And why has TNT completely eliminated the Ben Stone era from the reruns? A&E never did that.
  11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Newer reruns -- with the exception of MASH -- are usually better and fresher in the viewers' mind...
  12. dooley_womack1

Happy Days is a big exception, too. The last few seasons were worthless. Three's Company fits that mold, too.
Draft saved Draft deleted