1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Whitey' Bulger arrested in Santa Monica

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Wow. Always seemed like they'd never get him.

2. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Osama...Whitey...D.B. Cooper next?

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

The D.B. Cooper case fascinates me immensely.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I half expect to see Hoffa and Amelia Earhart on Piers Morgan in the near future - only to be interrupted by breaking news of the solving of the Black Dahlia case.

And to think it was just a couple of years ago people were still wondering who Deep Throat really was.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

6. They must have, because the last reliabe tip they had was a former business associate who saw him London, almost a decade ago.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Not related, but my family and his have some history. I still can't believe he was caught.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Have always been fascinated with the Whitey Bulger story since I read Black Mass. Highly recommended if you want better insight into the whole story.

Now we get the hear the rest of the story. Bulger was an FBI informant. I don't think that it is a slam dunk that he will be convicted.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

He'll never go on trial. FBI officials say he's in bad health, according to the story on boston.com.

10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Boy, that's convenient. I'm sure he has a pretty nasty cold.

11. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

And bad breath.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I'm sure The FBI would be happy if that were the case. Trial would prove to be a huge embarrassment to them.

Draft saved Draft deleted