1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Whitey' Bulger arrested in Santa Monica

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Wow. They were just talking about him this morning on Morning Joe:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/06/whitey-bulger-arrest-santa-monica.html

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

The feds had apparently put a picture of his girlfriend on after the view thinking she would lead them to him.

His brother was the former head of the UMass system. John Connelly, the FBI agent who kept Bulger out of trouble for a lot of years was recently profiled on 60 Minutes IIRC.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Next thing you know, the LAPD will be pinning the Dodger fan beatdown on him, since everyone's pretty convinced they've nabbed the wrong guy for that one.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Colin Cowherd was talking about Bulger on his show on Tuesday when talking about how massive manhunts were interesting to him.

Damn, this was a long time coming to nab Whitey.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Apologies for the d_b. I hope one of the mods can whack my duplicate thread.

I never thought the guy would be found alive.

6. Brooklyn Bridge

I had read that Bulger was spotted outside a screening of the Departed in 2007. Makes sense if he was arrested in LA.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

I thought for sure he would be in Europe.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I wondered about it when I was reading yesterday how they planned ad spots in several markets in the US, looking for his girlfriend. The articles didn't mention much about them doing the spots abroad, which made me wonder if they had some pretty good evidence that he was here in the States.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The Marlins have scheduled a press conference to announce Bulger will manage the team next season.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Morning Joe had Howie Carr on this morning, who I guess has a book out about Bulger.

They mentioned the ads and Carr basically ridiculed them. He was convinced Bulger was in Europe.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Fuck Howie Carr, that grave-dancing, back-stabbing piece of shit.

And the definitive book on the Winter Hill Gang and Whitey is Black Mass.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm related to Whitey. Not kidding.

Weird news. It's always been a joke in our family that the mutherfucker would be on the run forever.

Draft saved Draft deleted