1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White House Correspondents' Association Dinner Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, May 9, 2009.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

For the record:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'll give Limbaugh credit for not mentioning the WHCA - smart thing there. Saying nothing is what Sykes comments merit. Makes him look like the bigger person. Of course, Hannity took up for Rush today, but that guy is a tool.

3. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

That's an interesting position to take, given that the unrestrained market policies that Bush permitted ran the financial system into disaster. If you didn't expect the pendulum to swing back the other way, Tony, you've got to be kidding. Again, I'm no lefty, but I'm pragmatic enough to understand the inevitable backlash to what just occurred. You can hope for the best in this environment and try to make sure it doesn't go too far -- as the lack of restraint went too far in the previous eight years -- or you can sit there and root for failure. Frankly, when Limbaugh says he wants the country to fail, he's saying he wants ME to fail. The hell with him.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Rush will say something eventually. His ego, and overall lack of restraint, won't let him ignore it forever. I'd be stunned if he didn't pipe up today, saying how everyone keeps asking when he's going to respond, making him just compelled.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Rush Limbaugh playing the victim card? I just don't see it.

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I honestly don't think this is true -- I think you are demonizing Rush based on a caricature -- but whatever. I mean, you seriously think he's *rooting* for a Depression? Give me a break. Nobody is *rooting* for a Depression.

But whatever.

I've said my piece on the subject, and this isn't the politics board. So, that's that.

7. He was just waiting to spring this on us.
    The black president is wrecking the joint so he can give money to shiftless ni...well, black people.
    http://thinkprogress.org/2009/05/11/sessions-limbaugh-unemployment/

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Oh, lordy. The coloreds are going to rise up, steal our silver and defile our women!

How very 1800s of Rush.

9. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I don't even want to click on that link. Ugh.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The sheriff is near.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

"Think forced reparations here if you want to understand what actually is going on."

Wow.

Obama's super-villain-like internal dialogue:
    "Mwa-ha-ha! Maybe those white devils in Congress would never approve of a reparations bill, but just watch- I'll destroy the economy! The resulting unemployment levels will result in big government checks to all black people! Scoreboard!"

The reparations psuedo-issue is a permanent BOOGITY-BOOGITY! talking point among the tinfoil-hat crew. My idiot relatives frequently send me chain emails warning me that a reparations bill is imminent and that billions of tax dollars will soon be handed out to every black person in the United States.

12. Grimace

Grimace Guest

And remember. . .

It's May. Of his first year. Of his first term.

Draft saved Draft deleted