1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White Collar

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by proudpittsburgher, Mar 10, 2011.

1. What is it with White Collar and season enders? First, Mozzie takes a bullet and was left for dead, and now this one left a bad taste in my mouth as well. I know, in the end, there's something we don't know . . . but hell, way to take the warm and fuzzy out of me that they had been building up all episode. Sorry for the vagueness, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That actress who plays Kate is just drop dead gorgeous.

3. Actually, I can't think of a female on the show who isn't quite fetching in one way or another. Depending on your tastes, there's somethign for everyone. Curvey, skinny, redheads, blonds, brunettes, sultry, beautiful, cute, just plain hot . . . like I said, there's something for everyone. And I really was expecting Kate to show up last night. Still think she will, eventually.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of the things that might go underappreciated about this show - and others on USA - is how they shoot the thing. So many shots framed by the New York skyline with the actors maybe only in a quarter of the screen. I don't mind the plot twist. They have to keep tension somewhat tight between the two leads. Hell - at this point I had to be reminded of the ankle monitor.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I've gotten to where I like all these USA shows: White Collar, Burn Notice, Royal Pains and Fairly Legal. All have a light touch but good solid stories.

I think (and AV Club reviewer agrees) that there's a reasonable explanation for Neal's reactions at the end of the last episode. And an arc of development for his character that sorta shoots through this last batch of episodes. We shall see.

P.S. I had a brief Twitter "chat" with the White Collar writers (@WCwriters) a couple of weeks ago and suggested a White Collar/Burn Notice crossover, while admitting I was sure I wasn't the first to suggest it. As I suspected, it's been discussed ... but "logistics" could be a hangup. Could be epic, though.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

USA Network certainly has a winning formula with the shows they put on.

It's pretty much my default channel when there is nothing else of interest on the other 100 + channels. You can always find something of interest.

As a sidebar have you ever noticed that Donald Bellisario produced shows never seem to have blond female actors in lead roles.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Those shows are also given a chance to build an audience. USA runs them constantly, so even if you miss a season, you can catch up.

White Collar is the best of the USA bunch though...

8. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

I disagree. Burn Notice and In Plain Sight are both better USA Network shows than White Collar.

9. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

Burn Notice is my fave, with White Collar being a close second, but I'm in total agreement, that all the USA shows are really good.

I can honestly say USA has much better programming on right now than any of the networks. Hell, between USA and F/X I've pretty much quit watching the big 3 networks

10. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Add AMC to the list with original shows like Mad Men, Breaking Bad and the upcoming The Killing (premiering on April 3rd).

TNT too with The Closer, Men Of A Certain Age and Southland.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Another smart thing USA/AMC/TNT and FX do is they launch their shows/new seasons when the broadcast networks are usually in repeats (December, March, the summer) - not only do they get viewers looking for something new, they don't have to fight so hard to get pub.

12. TNT also has Leverage, which while not as good as Hu$tle, is still a pretty good show.

Draft saved Draft deleted