1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Whispers get loud around Michelle Obama'

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by WaylonJennings, Jun 12, 2008.

1. This piece seems to tread dangerously close to the ground occupied by the Washington Post story a few months ago, about all the Barack Obama Muslim gossip, that was widely panned:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/chi-michelle-obama_thujun12,0,2869097.story

Clearly they are referring to the Michelle Obama "tapes" that are supposedly floating around.

Other criticism is more pernicious, relying on thinly sourced, evidence-free allegations that float unchecked through the corridors of gossip.

2. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm still hung up on Fox News calling the Obamas' fist bump a "terrorist fist jab"

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I guess nobody at Fox ever, ever saw The Wire.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Or a baseball game for the last 10 years or so.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Any day now the Faux News talking heads will roll out on the set wearing the white sheets.

6. paris trout

paris trout Member

Fox has moved on from the terrorist fist bump. The new one is to call Michelle "Obama's Baby Momma"

7. paris trout

paris trout Member

Oh, wow. Late to that party.

DB or whatever you guys call it.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Has Faux News criticized McCain yet for coming home from Vietnam, divorcing his wife - who had been disabled by an auto accident, and then marrying his current trophy wife with the rich daddy.

9. FreddiePatek

Haven't you heard? He's the Messiah!

[​IMG]

No, he's not!

(This message brought to you courtesy of Biggus Dickus)

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It seems that the media have a hard time criticizing Obama directly, so they go after those around him. A big "storyline" for Obama (though this is very subtle) is that since he's black he's obviously pissed off at the white establishment and will wait until he becomes President to show his true self.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He's not the messiah. He's a very naughty boy.

12. FreddiePatek

Bless your heart, Armchair ... I was beginning to think I lost the room.

Draft saved Draft deleted