1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whiskey and rye

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Well, I know what to do with the whiskey. ;D

What about the rye?

I want to plant rye grass but I'm not sure whether it's too early to plant it or not. Anyone in southern climes have any ideas?

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Them good ol' boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye and singin' "This'll be the day that I die."

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Depends how far south you are... and you know when it gets hot and dry, it's just shredded wheat anyway

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

You're in Texas or whereabouts, right? I thought Bermuda was a warm-climate substitute for rye. I live in the transition zone and thanks to a recent turf controversy involving one of my high schools, I know too fucking much about Bermuda, considering I don't own a home or golf.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Try to find a good local Hardware store. Usually the owner types can provide valuable info for the area.

Other thing you can do is go to local Ag bureau. You should be able to get good info on proper grass for soil.

Also try Weather Underground.com - You can research weather history.

Do your homework.

6. Dumbest lyric in a very dumb song.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

If the river were whiskey and I were a duck, I'd dive to the bottom and drink my way up.[/oldlyric]

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Forget Bermuda. I live in a very "temperate" part of Texas (which means it bakes in the summer and freezes its ass off at least twice a year, and is good for one good snow and/or ice storm.)

Native grass is St. Augustine. I just want to plant something that stays green through the winter.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Then the solution is obvious:

FieldTurf.

10. Boom_70

obvioulsy you have not listened closely to lyrics of a few Neil Young tunes.

11. I have.
    The only lyric that comes close to the one about drinking whiskey and rye is Paul McCartney's immortal, "in this ever-changing world in which we live in."

12. Boom_70

George Thorogood sings of mixing bourbon, scotch and beer

Draft saved Draft deleted