1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which way did Anthony go, which way did he go?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by melock, Dec 26, 2007.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Penn State senior starting quarterback and team captain Anthony Morelli pulled another no-show on a news conference.
    The latest disappearing act happened Wednesday during a media session for Penn State offensive players. Most of the main cogs appeared, including running back Rodney Kinlaw, center A.Q. Shipley and receiver Derrick Williams.
    For a while, it seemed like Morelli would show up, too. His name appeared on the program and there was even a placard made out for him for the dais.
    But a team official was notified an hour before the news conference started that Morelli would not attend. He hasn’t spoken with reporters since the Nov. 10 win at Temple.
    Offensive coordinator Galen Hall said he didn’t know why Morelli didn’t attend before defending his quarterback.
    “The only quarterback in Penn State history, I think, that has thrown for over 2,000 yards in his two seasons, and a very, very good player for us,” Hall said. “Underrated by a lot of people.”
    Morelli has often been a target of criticism by fans and columnists over his two years as starter. The Nittany Lions who did attend knew they were going to be peppered with questions about him, Shipley said.
    “He goes out to work every day like the rest of us, he’s doing a heck of a job for us, that’s all you can ask for,” he said. “Everybody knows here that he leads us and he does a great job on and off the field.”

What an idiot? No wonder he's been a whipping boy the last two years. Guy is supposed to a captain and a leader.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good for him. [/Charlie Weis]

And the odds that Joe Pa was in on this?

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Penn State is playing in San Antonio?

Fuck.

That's why the old son of a bitch won't answer his phone.

I thought he was just taking a nap.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Paterno coddled this kid the entire time he was at Penn State. I'm sure he told the kid, 'F those sports writing pricks. Go check out the beautiful site San Antonio has to offer.'

5. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Maybe his Mark Prior was itchy.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

There's creams for that, you know.

7. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Cream of Some Young Guy, no doubt.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You are a crossthreading genius. :)

9. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

You absolutely meant the singular form of 'site' there, didn't you? ;)

Although I'll give a good review to Durty Nelly's, and Dick's Last Resort, and... dammit, I knew I should've gone to this game.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Does Anthony say anything of worth anyway?

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Joe probably thinks the only thing there is the Alamo ... just like SA was when he was a kid.

I have more leadership in my stool than Anthony Morelli has in his body.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

When he figures out that he's not attending "the University of Penn State," which I don't think he has yet, then I'll pay attention.

Draft saved Draft deleted