1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which TV shows did you quit watching after watching for several seasons?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

CSI when Grissom left and it got dark. Back now with Danson at least to see how it goes early. (Why did Sarah come back?)

House when he and Cuddy got serious.

The Mentalist. Midway first season, got tired of the whole "Red John" thing and show's too predictable.

The Office. Steve Carell grew tiresome to me and Jim and Pam getting married.

Desperate Housewives in the second season. Adding the weird neighbor family was too much.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Like others, I gave up on The Office, although not because of Jim and Pam getting married. Rather, it just got too absurd. Just no way a Michael Scott lasts that long in corporate America. Hell, no way he even gets a management job in the first place.

I quit Desperate Housewives around the third season. About eight episodes had built up in my DVR and I figured if I wasn't looking forward to watching it as soon as it came on, I didn't care enough to keep watching. And catching up on eight episodes was going to seem more like work than enjoyment.

I also gave up on My Name is Earl a good two years before it got cancelled.

And I never even care to watch any of these three shows in syndicated reruns.

Oh, does Cougar Town count? Or has that not run long enough?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

It seems to me most of these decisions were made after one or two years. Not being a dick, just noting that it's easier to give up on a show after one or two years than four or five. That said, I dropped Melrose Place in the late '90s. Just got so goddamn stupid. Of course, it was goddamn stupid to start with, but at least it was trashy fun. By the end it had the same problems Dooley saw w/ER and L.A. Law: Just hooking people up for the hell of it with no regard to storyline consistency or chemistry.

Boston Public fell apart in a hurry too. Great for 2 1/2 years, absolutely awful thereafter. Same for Ally McBeal, which was basically unwatchable at the end. Some shows just go on so long you forget they're still on, like Married With Children back in the mid '90s.

I'm about to quit True Blood. Same problem as Melrose: Stopped being trashy and started being too dumb for words. Needs more Anna Paquin nekkedness. :D

Shows I quit in year two include Lost and Desperate Housewives. Just too much bullshit.

I keep watching Family Guy, but Mizzou is right, there is some shit that goes on there that is just repulsive and revolting. And I'm not an easy guy to disgust.

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I nominate you to write and direct all future episodes of True Blood.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I was all set to quit True Blood until I viewed the last 10 minutes of the finale. They sucked me back in. Pun intended.

Edit: I need someone to sit here and explain the Anna Paquin thing to me.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

True Blood

7. Boy meets World ... once they hit high school I didn't like it.
    Wonder Years .. the same ...
    Cheers.. Was there anyone Sam didn't fuck? Once he hooked up with Rebecca I threw in the towel.
    Deadliest Catch. Quit watching two season ago.
    College football .. quit cold turkey this season after 30 years.
    Gilmore Girls (don't you laugh!)... the writing went to shit when the Paladinos left and I stopped. Never watched a second of the last season.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The Electric Company and Zoom

9. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

I completely concur with Mizzou about Rescue Me. Stopped cold after that. I did like it a lot previously (and featured the great Dean Winters pre-30 Rock). I gave up on the office for the same reasons listed above.

This is the first year I am going without cable and thus I naturally cut back on what I will hunt for on Hulu. Community didn't make the cut. I just find the constant neurotic bickering of the cast too much.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm ignoring the FG aspect of that last line and will only say she's No. 3 on my list of chicks.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

American Dad -- Watched the first two seasons, then gave up on it because it sucked.

Fringe -- Again, first two seasons. But I just lost interest.

House -- Like others said, the show just became stupid and repetitive.

The Office -- Sigh.

24 -- Watched the first five seasons and, because of work, stopped watching in season six. But I got caught up online, and watched the final two seasons because it was nearing the end.

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

She's well put together and seems like she might get freaky. What else do you need to know?

Draft saved Draft deleted