1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which TV shows did you quit watching after watching for several seasons?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The "Stewie Kills Lois" episode did it for me. Just ridiculously over-the-top and mean-spirited.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think one of the problems with that show if that they sometimes can't determine what is funny and what is just mean.

Early on, some of the mean stuff was just hilarious. But they kept pushing and went way over the line...

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Futurama is still on. Comedy Central brought it back last year after several years of nothing but reruns.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Yes. They do 13 episode seasons now. They still have a good amount of the old writing staff, so it's still pretty high quality.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Isn't the original cast back together as well?

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Yes as well. Billy West in all of his glory.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Case in point: tonight's show. What a fucking awful steaming diarrhea dump. Another faux serious episode and surprise, surprise, it's godawful.

Reader's Digest version: Quagmire is rushed to the hospital after autoerotically asphyxiating himself. His sister Brenda and her boyfriend Jeff come to Quahog to see him. Did I mention that Jeff beats Brenda constantly? Because he does. And we get to see it a couple of times. Guys try to lure Jeff into the woods to kill him, Jeff outsmarts them and kidnaps Quagmire, then chokes him to death. Jeff digs his grave only for Quagmire, who chokes himself to death every day, runs over Jeff in a really gruesome way. Show ends with the guys forging a Dear Jane letter to Brenda, who cries unconsolably at Jeff leaving her, while Peter suggests they kill Mort next.

Who in hell thinks this is a good idea? Besides Seth McFarlane and the goat-fucking Fox executives he has HD photos of in the act, I mean?

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Billy West is a genius. That is all...

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Hate to admit it, but laughed my ass off seeing the commercial preview (I was busy, didn't watch the show itself) with "Iraq Lobster." Little dancing lobster, full Islamic beard, turbin.[/cocks pistol, puts barrel under his chin]

10. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

I stopped watching "ER" a season or two before the end. This isn't the reason, but I'd like it on record that I hated the fact Carter called his grandmother "Gamma."

Draft saved Draft deleted