1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which TV shows did you quit watching after watching for several seasons?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know, another TV thread...

But I was curious what long-running shows, current or otherwise, you've given up on for whatever reason.

Grey's Anatomy - Just stopped caring after 4-5 seasons, which was probably 1-2 seasons longer than I should have been watching...

House - Last season I started to realize I was sick of the show.

Family Guy - Got stale. It went a few places that made me a bit uncomfortable (not easy to do)

Criminal Minds/SVU - Subject matter became tough to watch after having kids.

Rescue Me - After the season where his son was killed, I couldn't watch anymore.

I'm sure there are others...

2. Mizzougrad96

Oh, I quit watching Lost after the fourth season. I just got sick of it seeming to go nowhere...

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The Office got boring to me after Jim and Pam got married.

And I haven't watched The Simpsons regularly in at least five years.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

ER was one of my favorites until Edwards and Margulies left. I tuned it in for the final season and couldn't even tell it was the same show.

I would also say CSI but I duzn't no how to spell it cuz I stoopid.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Same here with Grey's and House. Love Hugh Laurie, though. I want him on a new show. And I'm questioning my return to American Idol next year. Oh, and Denver Broncos football.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Days of Our Lives. Although supposedly they're rebooting it and placing more emphasis on the old favourites, so maybe I'll tune in again and check it out.

7. NDub

NDub Guest

"Desperate Housewives" had me for a few seasons, but the plot twists became lame and I also questioned why in the hell, as a man in his early and mid-20s, I was watching such a show.

I gave up on "The Office" soon after Jim and Pam's wedding.

"Family Guy" has lost some speed on its fastball, but I still sometimes watch the new stuff.

"CSI:Miami" had me for about two seasons because I thought it looked fantastic on my new HD TV. Then I realized how shitty the acting and storytelling were and stopped watching.

8. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Shoot, I haven't regularly watched The Simpsons in ten years.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Simpsons (5 years ago)
    The Office (last year)
    Two and a Half Men (3 years ago)
    Desperate Housewives (during the second season)
    Jeopardy, Colbert and Daily Show -- after the second kid and when I moved to the suburbs, each are in the DVR/rarely watch rotation

10. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Survivor
    I watched the first 6 or 7 as if my life depended on it. Then, few episodes into the next season, I changed the channel in the middle of the show one night and haven't seen a second of it since.

11. joe

joe Active Member

Friends (hangs head in shame), after two season.
    Frazier, after four seasons or so.
    The Office, watched regularly for one of the middle seasons, haven't been back since.
    CSI The Original, got in on the second season (?), stopped after a couple more.
    Man vs. Wild, watched a couple seasons, but it quickly became the same shit, different day.
    The Simpsons, haven't watch regularly since the early-mid 1990s.
    Monday Night Football, since it went to ESPN and we dropped to basic cable.
    All the Bravo, A&E, TNT and TBS shows, see MNF. Only really miss Breaking Bad.

Never watched Idol, Survivor, Big Brother, Amazing Race — really any of that so-called reality crap. All populated with a bunch of wannabe big-timers. Here's a reality show for you: Torture. Weeds out the pussies in a hurry.

12. Mizzougrad96

I stopped watching ER after they killed off Edwards. I don't watch Simpsons regularly, anymore either, in part because DVRing anything on Sunday nights on Fox or CBS is a pain in the ass because with football ending, you never know if something is going to start on time. I do usually catch up on them during the summer.

Desperate Housewives lost me early in Season 2. I've heard it got better, but I didn't go back.

Draft saved Draft deleted