1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which team will Lebron choose?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Jul 8, 2010.

?

Which team will Lebron James anoint as worthy of his talent?

Poll closed Jul 9, 2010.
  1. Da Bulls

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Staying home in Cleveland

20 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Going back to Miami

20 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. The Knickerbockers

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. Who gives a shit, it's the NBA

10 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. Who gives a shit? He lost me with this dog-and-pony show.

21 vote(s)
    28.0%
  7. Other

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Well said, CB.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

LeBron is going to be in Carmello Anthony's wedding this weekend. Is that in Miami, too?

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Melo's wedding is in NY, I believe.

4. Rosie O'Donnell, Derek Jeter and Keith Hernandez all have/had multi-million dollar houses in NY, but they always made damn sure to spend 183 documented days in Florida a year.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Here is what is hilarious -- the guessing "reporting" going on right now on all of this by so called reporters and their sources........

I just heard Chris Broussard on ESPN Radio and here is what he said....

"Sources tell me he is going to sign with the Heat and that's what he planning on announcing tonight. But that is only if he doesn't change his mind which he very could do as this is a very fluid situation right now as Chicago, New York and Cleveland are still very much possibilities depending on what his final decision is."

Translation -- "I have no idea and neither do my sources so I am going to throw one team out there because my employer wants me to and hedge my bets and hope......"

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Or, "I know that it's Miami, but my boss won't let me announce it and ruin the special tonight, so I have to say that there's still a reason to watch."

7. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

PTO could be replaced by Mani the Genius Parakeet in Singapore....Who takes the Dutch! Mani the Parakeet in Singapore Could be Another Paul the Oracle Octopus

He may not have as many predictions under his belt as Paul the Octopus in Germany, but Mani the parakeet in Singapore's 'Little India' has become something of a local celebrity due to his correct predictions of the World Cup so far. He picked all the right winners for the quarter-finals and the semi-finals and now he has picked the Netherlands to win the World Cup.

Mani is his astrologer owner's assistant and while the couple used to see about ten customers a day, due to Mani's growing popularity, they are now seeing hundreds an hour.

People are flocking to Mr. Muniyappan and Mani's roadside table to see if they are going to get lucky on their World Cup bets.
    http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/mani-parakeet-another-paul-octopus-video-2638172.html

8. CR19

CR19 Member

Damn it. We're back on LeBron Watch. DON'T PANIC!!!

[​IMG]

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

As far as I'm concerned, he can go where ever he wants; as long as his announcement doesn't involve hats.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

If LeBron has any sense of self-awarness, he'll stay in Cleveland. That's the best move to undo the PR damage the dog-and-pony show has done to his image, AND it's the place where he has the least pressure. There's a decent chance that as talented as he is, he's not championship material. Therefore, if he goes to NY and doesn't win, his budding reputation as a choker is cemented. Same thing in Chicago, on a smaller scale in general, but then he has the added pressure of the incessant Jordan comparisons. If he goes to Miami and doesn't win, well, Wade's already got a title, so guess who gets 100 percent of the blame? Ultimately, though, IDGAF, but, to me, the machinations to follow tonight's announcement will be more fascinating than the buildup.

To piggyback on zag's last comment, I feel for Broussard. He can't feel good about his employer blasting BREAKING NEWS across the screen with his name attached to what are nothing more than rumors at this point. If he doesn't go to Miami, ESPN looks bad, but Broussard looks like an idiot.

11. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I heard that he is going to Miami to remake the original Miami Vice TV show (to be called Miami Thrice) with Wade playing Crockett and Bosh playing Trinny Espinoza.

Sample Script:

Wade: WELCOME TO SOUTH BEACH BRON BRON.

LBJ: PRETTY SWEET.

BOSH: OOOOOOO, I LOVE THIS PLACE MANG, PRETTY WOMENS, FIRST CLASS RESTROOMS…..ONLY IN MIAMI IS TORONTO SO FAR AWAAAY….

12. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

What's to say he won't sell it? Yeah, he'll probably lose money on the sale, but then he takes the loss as a tax deduction.

Draft saved Draft deleted