1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which talking head do you hate the most?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom_Brinkman01, Jul 21, 2006.

1. I say there's a three-way tie between Stephen A. Smith, Jason Whitlock and Bill Walton.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Whitlock doesn't deserve to be on the list, and while Walton can be annoying, I don't hate him.

And I have no feeling, positive or negative, toward SAS.

My choice -- Bill O'Reilly

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Woody Paige. SAS is a close second.

4. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Screamin' Smith and Sean Salisbury. Captain and first officer of the S.S. Douchebag.

[And, yes, I did steal that from Conan, although he wasn't referring to them.]

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Probably Chris Frantz, if I had to choose the one I like the least. But I still like them all.

6. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

1. Chris Berman - I wish he could leave me alone.
    2. Katie Couric - I hate her perkiness, her fake seriousness, and relish in her future demise at CBS. This will bomb.
    3. Larry King - A cartoon character who only offers up softball questions to his guests. Boring.
    4. Nancy Grace - As discussed on another thread, a complete and utter beyotch

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

No way Whitlock belongs on that list. Maybe he makes the list of most hated message board posters, but as a talking head?

I once interviewed Walton about his "broadcasting style." He was a stutterer when he was younger. I can't remember whose advice it was, but someone told him to stop thinking when he was on the air and just say whatever came int his head. Doing that corrected the stutter. And that, supposedly, is why he talks so much and sometimes says inane things.

Sean Salisbury is a pretty good call, actually. The whole former Sunday Night NFL ESPN crew--particularly Theisman and Paul Maguire--used to drive me up the wall. But I am not sure they qualify as talking heads.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

All three of them...

[​IMG]

9. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Haha. I got their greatest hits (it's an import) and it's one of my favorite CDs.

Carry on ..back onto the subject...

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

this list is too long. how about a list of the ones we like?

11. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

You know, I kind of enjoyed Tommy Smyth (sp?), the short, loud Englishmen during the World Cup. My man was hysterical.

Draft saved Draft deleted