1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which stereotype does she prove?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

In the comments below the video from the game show I saw a lot of jokes about how stupid Americans are. I'll bet they are laughing about the lack of global knowledge of blonde girls from the Carolinas over in the Iraq.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

"What's a rack?"
    "It's a country!"

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I think the premise of the show is to watch people who are dumber than a fifth grader. I think it is celebrity week. I think they put celebrities on to draw more viewers. I think they want the increased new viewers to see something exactly like this, someone who is so dumb they can't even get a third-grade question right, someone who makes a fool out of themselves. I think they told her to act like this to get ratings.

4. I refuse to believe that you can blame her education if she is really this dumb. It's not possible to live in American today and be older than six without knowing that Europe is a continent made up of a collection of countries (one of which is France) unless you are actively choosing to be stupid. Blame her, not the school.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

She's faking it. Blonde girls across America have learned to play dumb.

6. I saw that too and was stumped. I really like history and had no idea of his real name (though I knew the guy was wrong guessing Andrew).
    It's Thomas, for anyone interested.
    My wife is a kindergarten teacher, so she and I watch it together and laugh at what they try to pass off as elementary-aged questions. They are always skewed way too high, with the fifth-grade ones being ridiculous.

7. As long as we're stereotyping here, leave it to a Canadian to start this thread ...

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

"they're fake ... and they're SPECTACULAR!"

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

roy - you earned that musical hug, my friend. you earned it, dammit.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

She's hot, she's rich and she hasn't been knocked up, she's the leader in the clubhouse.

11. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Yet.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Budapest is Third-grade geography?

Really?

Draft saved Draft deleted