1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which state will be the last to legalize pot?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Aug 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey Diaz!

Hey Diaz! Member

Probably the deep south.

On a (somewhat) related note, will any non-Nevada state ever legalize prostitution?

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Not anytime real soon.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I fucking hate getting into disagreements with Tony here, because there's no give-and-take, just (I'm not trying to be an asshole about it. I like the guy, I think.)

But:

(1) Stoners who are "proud of it" are usually in their early 20s or teen-agers. Drunks of the same age: Also proud of it. And please don't tell me that beer drinkers aren't proud of being beer drinkers. Particularly nowadays. Americans used to tell you what college they went to the first two minutes you met them. Now they tell you what the latest IPA they tried was.

(2) None of the "nannies," to my knowledge, want to criminalize tobacco use. They want people to use it less, I presume. And, particularly, less around other people. Same with pot, I'm sure. Do you really think flavored marijuana would be legal? I don't. It would be just as regulated as cigarettes.

4. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

So you're making the leap that because these evil people were stoned they decided to go out and kill someone? I don't know, I just can't get there.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Smoking marijuana affects peoples' impulsivity, attention, memory, cognition and decision-making abilities.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20110622/Research-focuses-on-how-marijuana-affects-decision-making-process.aspx

So, a trio of losers decide to combat their boredom by impulsively deciding to kill a guy for fun, after smoking marijuana?

Yeah, but one probably has nothing to do with the other. Even clear headed, nobody would have thought to say that it wasn't the best decision.

Edit: forgot to include the link.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Complete strawman and you know it.

7. YankeeFan

How so?

They made a poor, impulsive decision, after taking a drug that effects imulsivity and decision making.

Normally, if you're in a group, and someone makes a dumb suggestion, the others will shoot down the idea. To these stoners, killing a guy to break up a boring day sounded like a swell idea.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I thought they killed him because he was white? (Like them.)

9. YankeeFan

I've moved on.

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Wow. Just wow.

11. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

well that does explain all the riots that break out at every Phish concert

12. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I buy that.