1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which state has the worst drivers?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Mar 27, 2008.

?

Which state has the worst drivers?

1. Illinois (correct answer)

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Anywhere else (wrong answer)

22 vote(s)
    91.7%
  1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Pennsylvania or Massachusetts.
    On the Pennsylvania Turnpike you could be doing 80 in the left hand lane and get passed like you're not moving by drivers on the right.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My top three are Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Connecticut.

I'm biased, but I think New York drivers -- the state as a whole, not just the city -- are OK. They're not the best, I'm sure. But they aren't bred to be moron drivers like Pennsylvanians. Sorry, Shot.

Connecticut drivers are nuts, and New Jersey sucks. The drivers don't help, either.

I used to think Maryland-D.C. drivers were bad, but like the people in NYC, it's dealing with the commute that causes recklessness. Once you get used to them, it's easy. The same probably goes with Connecticut and New Jersey drivers. But I see no excuse for Pennsylvanians. I'm not even thinking about Philly and Pittsburgh.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Amen.

4. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I have lived in five places long enough to have formed a real opinion. Texas (DFW and San Antonio), Michigan, Florida and Connecticut.

The answer is Florida.

It is not even close.

To be fair, that would be South Florida. Rarely ventured above Orlando unless it was on an Interstate.

5. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

New Jersey

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

To be fair to Florida, a decent amount of the people driving like maniacs, especially at this time of year, have New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey plates.

7. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Or Ontario or Quebec plates. Quadruple lane changes to hit an exit in under 100 yards. On cue practically.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Damn straight.

9. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Depends on what you mean by "worst." Yeah, NY-area and Boston drivers are aggressive, but if you're one of them, you more or less know what they'll do. Now I live in the Midwest, and the overly-courteous, slow-as-shit drivers in, say, Indiana or Missouri, are far harder to deal with, in my opinion.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And of course if you're not, you'll get really pissed off a lot.

11. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

If you're not, you're probably best off just taking the train.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Worst drivers? I don't know.
    Rudest? New York in a landslide.
    Most creative? Texas. All those pickups and SUVs, those drivers believe they have the right to drive ANYWHERE. The fact that city or state planners actually paved a road somewhere is inconsequential.

Draft saved Draft deleted