1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which star will sink Peter Berg's 'Battleship'?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Jul 27, 2010.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

That's right... the board game Battleship is being made into a movie.
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118022212.html?categoryid=13&cs=1&ref=vertfilmnid=2854

2012 release date. Rhianna, Alexander Skarsgard and Taylor Kitsch are among the stars with Peter Berg in the director's seat.

More board game/toy movies are in the works, including Monopoly, CandyLand, Ouija, Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots, and a remake of Clue...
    http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/mwop/moviefile/2009/09/movies-based-on-board-games-wh.php

2. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

Sounds like ... Trouble to me.
    Yuk, yuk, yuk.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

YAHTZEE!!!

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seems kind of weird. You want to make a naval war movie - make one. Maybe even get MB to pay you to tie in to the movie.

One question though - Does the US even have any active battleships anymore?

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

no more Battleships

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Leave Clue alone!!!!!!

Actually, I have thought about a remake at great length because I can.

Wadsworth: Steve Carell
    Col. Mustard: Steve Martin
    Miss Scarlett: Scarlett Johansson
    Mrs. White: Catherine O'Hara
    Mrs. Peacock: Tina Fey
    Professor Plum: John Cleese
    Mr. Green: Jim Carrey
    Mr. Body: Robert Downey, Jr.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Clue movie that was already made wasn't bad. The alternate endings made too many people feel like they didn't see the best ending though.

I wouldn't even mess with Clue. Better idea would have Ricky Gervais draft a takeoff of one of those Agatha Christie drawing room mysteries. Or even get the Coen Brothers to do a mashup of a Christie murder weekend/wedding weekend romcom.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

They have some battleships sitting in harbors as museum ships. A couple actually served in the first Persian Gulf War though.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm gonna hold out for Candyland.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My god, that's almost perfect. I hate Jim Carrey, so I vote against him, but I don't really have a better suggestion.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

You can't remake Clue. They caught lightning in a bottle the first time (shut up!) and no one could come close to being as good as Madeline Kahn as Mrs. White. She absolutely made that movie.

12. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

What the hell is the dialogue gonna be in Battleship? "F-9 ... Miss ... D-2 ... Hit."

Draft saved Draft deleted