1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which sport has the worst fans?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Aug 12, 2018.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yep, and on Friday nights those men are at high school football games … at whichever end of the bleachers the school they support has stationed the cheerleaders.

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Even creepier are grown-ass married men who go to Hooters or some other breastaurant.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No, that makes perfect sense actually. It is not a crime to look at beautiful people.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This might be my favorite term ever. Bravo.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I grew up going to Jets games, and when the NFL was an affordable consumer option - a very distant time in the culture - nothing was worse than that crowd after getting its drink on all day.
    It's even worse now. I would never take my kids to an NFL game.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I have been a big soccer fan for at least the past 20 years and have never come across the fan who berates others for not liking the sport.

The worst fans are the rabid supports of MLS teams, especially those of teams which have just been founded. I remember going to a RBNY game with my 5 year old and getting into it with a bunch of Union fans during their inaugural season. They were trying so hard to be ultras in some Buenos Aires slum.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I’m a life long Jets fan and going to home games is just brutal (and not just for the football). So many out of control drunks.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Webster-
    Eagles fans are no picnic and catch a lot of hell for their conduct, but in my experience they were always there for the game.
    Jets fans of all ages would gather on the ramps overlooking the exits and clamor for women (of all ages) to bare their breasts.
    This was a common thing well into the 2000s.

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Creeps me out to see married men leering. You're married -- go home.

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

But my wife refuses to wear orange shorts.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Waaait a minute.... How does Hooters cook their steaks??

justgladtobehere likes this.
  12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Toronto FC fans were like that in the club's early days. Acting like hard as fuck supporters of some lower-level English side, getting roaring drunk and intimidating and starting fights with anyone who dared show up to support the opposition. I know MLSE did clean that shit up after some ugly stuff in a game here against - I think - Columbus a few years back.

As for the NFL, Bills games were always pretty crazy when I was going once or twice a season but the whole Bills Mafia thing has taken that to a while different level.

Draft saved Draft deleted