1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which players are in the baseball HOF who don't deserve to be?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No need to duck. Second that.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Bill Mazeroski should not be in the hall of fame.

I don't care how good his glove was -- he is not a hall of famer and if you take away his home run against the Yanks he wouldn't be.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Corky explains his ballot
    http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_11408571

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I've never understood how or why defense can be so overlooked when looking to evaluate a player.

5. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

Zag, it's also a hall of "fame." Mazeroski's home run is easily one of the top 10 most famous moments in baseball history. Based on his being among the best at his position ever, that kind of puts him over the edge.

6. I'd like to say that "My cousin, Rabbit Maranville..." is the best beginning to a post ever on this site.
    Thank you.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

So Joe Carter should be in? How about Dave Justice? How about Dave Parker, whose two throws in the all star game are among the most famous plays in baseball?

This is dumbest argument I have ever heard.

And I would say that Maz's glove is not overlooked -- the Hall of Fame should be for the elite players -- and elite players should be complete players -- not one- dimensional players.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Now that Rice is in, Parker has a pretty good argument.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Scooter had a great glove, and epic reflexes, but an utterly weak-ass arm, and one good year at the plate. No shot, until the Yankee Pity-Party Bandwagon gained full momentum.

Draft saved Draft deleted