1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which papers are at the World Cup?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think it's funny when I go to my FB page and there are links from all these papers to WC stories and they're all AP stories.

I'm guessing the NY papers, the LA Times and the Washington Post are all there, but I don't think it's a given that anyone else is there. Who else is there?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am told the Delta Democrat Times is all over this...

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

San Diego U-T is there.

5. Don Perryman

Don Perryman Member

Boston Globe's John Powers is there.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Michelle Kaufman of the Miami Herald. Grahame Jones and Kevin Baxter of the L.A. Times.

7. Kellams

Kellams New Member

Fixed.

Have fun out there.

Mike

8. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

I don't believe he is -- there hasn't been a dateline on any of his stories that I've seen.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Clinton met with about 10 U.S. reporters today in South Africa. It's probably in the teens the number of U.S. writers (counting S.I. in that group) who are over there.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Powers isn't there. He's writing from home, NYT stories in the Globe have datelines. The Globe is bad shape fiscally, but this is part of the NYT's deliberate transformation of the Globe into a non-national paper in order to sell more Times' here, a strategy that has of course made the Globe's situation much worse.

11. derwood

derwood Active Member

How many ESPN guys are there?

12. CR19

CR19 Member

It's too bad. Most of the guys writing for the Globe sports section are decent writers. But I guess anything Rupert Murdoch gets his hands on is bound to die.

Draft saved Draft deleted