1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Oscar looser wins first?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Feb 26, 2007.

?

Which often-nominated Oscar looser will win first?

1. Kate Winslett

30.8%
  2. Leonardo DiCaprio

57.7%
  3. Johnny Depp

11.5%
  1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I've dug Brad Pitt in most everything I've seen him in, especially 12 Monkeys, and Johnny Depp is my favorite actor and Clooney is No. 2, so the pretty boy thing isn't an issue. Something about Leo just hasn't sat right with me since Titanic. I thought he was great in Basketball Diaries and What's Eating Gilbert Grape? I haven't seen The Departed yet, maybe when I do that'll change things for me.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Check out "Catch Me if You Can"....I think that was one of DiCaprio's best performances...he was certainly better in that than "Gangs of New York"

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Christ, thank you. I knew I had recently seen him in something I liked but couldn't think of it. I actually really liked Gangs of New York but thought Catch Me was kind of meh. I enjoyed it the one time I saw it but haven't found it rewatchable.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

O'Toole already has a lifetime Oscar to his credit.

As for Whitaker, knowing how much of a shoo-in he was to win, wouldn't it have been great to see how "Jefferson" would have reacted if he'd lost?

Jefferson ... tackle by Jefferson ... QB sack by Jefferson ... Jefferson ...

Spicoli, I mean Sean Penn could have defended his actions like he stood up for Jude Law!

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Hey, he was outstanding in that recent McDonald's commercial!

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Was Whitaker considered a sure thing?
    Our critic didn't think he would win because he's not the actual lead actor in the movie.
    I don't know. I haven't seen it.

Draft saved Draft deleted