1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which NY based messageboard did Curt Schilling stumble across this time?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I seriously doubt he was in the NY area to know our reaction to Tom Brady's injury.

For fat ass to isolate New York fans as people who enjoyed his injury is pretty lame.

But on another subject, his Bill Belichek worship is nearing his Jason Varitek man-crush.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

For those of us who don't know what you're talking about, could you help us out?

3. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

**smacks forehead**

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09092008/sports/yankees/schilling_rips_new_york_fans____again_128268.htm

Before today's interview with WEEI radio in Boston, Curt Schilling walked the streets of New York polling fans to gage their feelings on Tom Brady's season-ending injury.

Well, probably not. But that is the impression one would get from Schilling, who continues to run his mouth about matters that have nothing to do with baseball.

On his radio appearance today, the injured Red Sox pitcher blasted New York fans for their joy over Brady's impending knee surgery.

"The euphoria in New York is palpable," Schilling said. "The YankeesNew York Yankees suck this year and they are bitter and mad and making excuses over that. Now they got Tom going down so New York's excited. It's unfortunate, but when you crawl to the top of the pile you will have people trying to knock you down."

Schilling apparently forgot there are two baseball teams in New York - and the MetsNew York Mets are in first place. And another New York team, the GiantsNew York Giants , beat Brady and the Patriots in last year's Super Bowl.

But why let the facts get in the way of a perfectly good rant?

After blasting New York fans for being enthused over Brady's injury, Schilling took the time to remind fans that he was a member of the Arizona Diamondbacks when they beat the Yankees in the 2001 World Series.

"I was front row and center when their 'dynasty' ended," Schilling said.

Schilling then praised the fans of Boston, who have long been known for respecting the Yankees and rooting for nothing but good health for their stars.

"They want us to be as bitter and mad as they are," Schilling said. "Unfortunately, it's not going to happen."

Why not guarantee a Patriots win over the Jets on Sunday while he's at it?

"The sad part is going to be when they beat the Jets next week," Schilling said. "Then they are going to come up with something else."

Matt Cassel will get the start this week against the Jets, and despite the fact he has thrown a total of 57 NFL passes and has not started a game since high school, Schilling was confident about him being the new starting QB.

"I don't care if you guys haven't seen him," Schilling told the hosts. "Bill Belichick has seen him. Do you really think that he is the genius everyone claims him to be and just a rock head when it comes to his backup quarterback? Given how deep and intricate their offense is, I feel like the second he thought he didn't have a capable backup quarterback, he would have gone out and got a new one.

"If Bill Belichick trusts Matt Cassel, how the hell can you not?"

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I've said it before, but I'll repeat it here:

I'm a die hard Red Sox fan. And I still think Curt Schilling is the most insufferable douche in sports.

5. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

And I believe you. Seeing how he was received on a Sox messageboard when making silly comments confirmed my belief that you Sox fans actually ARE human beings with a brain.

**I had to go there as a Yankee fan**

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Huh, too bad I can't say the same about Yankees fans. :D

Just kidding.

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

"Schilling then praised the fans of Boston, who have long been known for respecting the Yankees and rooting for nothing but good health for their stars."

Looks like the Post needs some blue font.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

With the first part, sure, but not the second.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

As a McCain fan, I'll completely agree.

Curt Schilling: Bringing people together every day.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I think Curt is trying to get back in the good graces of Sox fans who called him out for talking down the Red Sox fanbase about their booing Jason Varitek last month.

What a tool.

12. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

OK, like Double Down, I'm a Sox fan, and I hate Curt Schilling probably more than him.

That said, does no one else find it a bit ridiculous that the Post wrote this passage:

THE DAY AFTER this ran:

[​IMG]

Gee, I wonder where Curt got that idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted