1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which NFL team has the best shot at going either 16-0 or 0-16?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Oct 23, 2007.

?

Which NFL team has the best shot at perfection?

1. Colts

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. Patriots

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Dolphins

16 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Rams

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Obviously, so long as both Indy (at Carolina) and New England (vs. Washington) don't get caught looking ahead to Nov. 4, we've got a dandy there. Seems like the Colts are like the 2003-05 Pats these days, while the Pats are like the 2003-05 Colts. Bizarre.

And then we have the Dolphins and Rams. Fins play in the AFC Least, so playing the Bills twice and Jets once more might help them to win a game somewhere. And the Rams do get the Falcons and one more shot at the 49ers.

I might actually vote for the Rams here.

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

I'll take the Rams, easily the league's biggest train wreck this year. They are horrendous.

Though I'll admit Miami without Ronnie Brown will have a hard time beating anyone.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I went with the Dolphins. Whoever makes it out of the Pats-Colts showdown (assuming both are undefeated when they play) probably sits their starters for most of the last coupla games of the season, opening them up to a loss.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'm going with the Rams.
    I figure the Colts will beat the Patriots, just because New England has no run game. Then the Colts will get upset somewhere preparing for the playoffs.
    The Dolphins are terrible, but they aren't as bad as the Rams.

Look at yesterday, the Rams were playing a Seattle team that is struggling mightily. They give up just 45 or so yards to Shaun Alexander but still lose 33-6, thanks to special teams and defense touchdown returns. Add in that Bulger returned and threw three picks and was sacked seven times and they are a recipe of fail the rest of the year.

5. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

The Patriots will not only go 16-0, but will go the entire season undefeated and win yet another Super Bowl.

I absolutely love Belichick right now. I always found it funny how he acts like a jackass to the media. I know being a member of the media it is wrong for me to say this, but it's true. And since the "SPYGATE" crap first came up, he has an even bigger chip on the shoulder and I think his new offense is being used to rub it in everyone's face the rest of the way. It's all hilarious to watch.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Dolphins are absolutely pathetic, as are the Rams. But Bulger will learn how to play before the end of the season. As for Cleo Lemon? I think Chet Lemon would have a better chance winning a game with that team.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Injuries have destroyed the Rams beyond recognition.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

It just seems unlikely to me that a team will concentrate on going 16-0 when it could out at risk the team's chances of winning the Super Bowl.

What if Manning or Brady got hurt in the second half of the 14th or 15th game of the season when they already have homefield advantage in hand? Madness.

9. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

I seriously doubt anyone will go 16-0. I have pretty much the same doubt that anyone goes 0-16.

The Phins are as bad as anyone I've ever seen and they lost their only viable option on offense. But they have four games against completely shitty teams in the division, plus, they've somehow had success against New England in the past (Sunday notwithstanding). So, I think Miami finds a way to win at least one.

I'd say St. Louie has the best chance to go 0-16, but I don't think it will happen.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The Rams and Dolphins both suck, but I went with the Dolphins because of the Brown injury.

I'm holding out hope the Rams will win at least 4 games this year...sometime.

11. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Bulger is overrated [/duckingJBHawkeye'sglare]

I voted for the Fins (to the left, fins to the right). When Jesse Chatman is your go-to RB, man oh man, gonna be a long rest of the season.

Miami's remaining schedule:
    OCT. 21 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
    OCT. 28 NEW YORK GIANTS
    NOV. 4 BYE WEEKEND
    NOV. 11 BUFFALO BILLS
    Nov. 18 at Philadelphia Eagles
    Nov. 26 at Pittsburgh Steelers
    DEC. 2 NEW YORK JETS
    Dec. 9 at Buffalo Bills
    DEC. 16 BALTIMORE RAVENS
    Dec. 23 at New England Patriots
    DEC. 30 CINCINNATI BENGALS

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I say the Colts and Pats tie, 41-41, after a futile overtime with three missed field goals, and both finish 15-0-1.

Draft saved Draft deleted