1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which new TV shows are you excited to watch, 2012-13 edition...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 4, 2012.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The 10th Doctor (Tennant) is generally considered either the first or second best doctor of all-time. Give it time and I'm guessing you'll love him. How far are you into the second season? The first season is pretty good, but it's in Tennant's run that the show becomes great, and then continues that with Smith.

2. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

I'm about four episodes into the second season. This guy's okay, but it's jarring to switch lead actors. I got used to the other guy.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I felt the same way when I first watched it. Each person brings something different to the role, though, and it's interesting to see how they're different. Eccleston was much more paternal, whereas Tennant brings an overall gravitas to the role that's awesome to witness over time. Also, does that mean you "Girl in the Fireplace" up next? If so, that's the episode that took me from merely enjoying the show to realizing that it had the ability to be great.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Not sure what your Dish lineup is like, but AMC came back after this season's first episode. It's channel 131 on my lineup.

5. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

Girl in the Fireplace was the last one I saw.

I just looked and it's a package up. Not sure I want to blow another $10 for one show when I can keep watching it on Netflix for now.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Huh. I didn't realize they didn't offer it on every package. My bad, Doc.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

AMC has had tons of issues with Dish over the years. For awhile, we dialed back our TV service and we got AMC, and then a couple years later we upgraded to get more sports channels and we lost AMC. Then, after we threated to leave for DirecTv, they upgraded us again for free and we got AMC again.

8. Thank God that our real FBI isn't as completely incompetent as the group on "The Following." Geez.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Just way too stringent a demand for reality.

This is not a documentary.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't think people are looking for reality with a show like this, just a little dramatic tension. Hell, Wyle E. Coyote was a master strategist compared to this group.

11. Stringent? Hell, I've been watching all season and haven't stopped. But it'd be nice if the same thing didn't keep happening over and over. Somehow, on a manhunt for a serial killer with a cult following we keep ending up in situations where the FBI is outnumbered and outsmarted. I'm fine with the concept, I even like it a little bit because it's fun to watch Kevin Bacon crackin' skulls but I would just prefer a little more logical storytelling. That's all.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Now that I've officially mailed it in on The Following, I found this recap on Vulture. I wish I'd been reading them all season.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/04/following-recap-season-1-the-curse.html

Now that my Monday night is filled with recording other shows, I used to go find The Following on Hulu the next morning. Now, I don't even do that. Too bad ... I really enjoyed the first 1-2 episodes.

Draft saved Draft deleted