1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which new TV shows are you excited to watch, 2012-13 edition...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Is it better than the BBC reboot of Sherlock Holmes? If its close, I will
    Give Copper a chance. I already have it on my DVR and want to know if it's worth it

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"Copper" was OK -- they had to kick things off with a shootout in the first 15 minutes to head off the "no action" complaints, then follow up with a steamy bedroom scene.

A lot of talk and a lot of character setup the next 45 minutes. But now we know who the main characters are, time to get things moving.

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen that, so I can't compare.

4. NDub

NDub Guest

Fuck "Men With Kids."

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It is interesting how many of the comedies seem to be like they were teleported from the 90s or 80s. They take very conventional situations and seem to present them like they are novel. Dads who care for their kids!, Gay people! Single moms with wise-cracking moms of their own!

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Did you see it?

7. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

That's mostly why I'm willing to give it another chance. Yes, it was a bit slow, but I appreciate that they were willing to dedicate 2/3 of their pilot episode to character development.

I do like that Corcoran isn't some kind of supercop who never makes any mistakes. There's potential there for him to be very interesting.

8. NDub

NDub Guest

God no. The commercials during the Olympics were enough.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I agree it looks bad. I was just curious if that had been one of the shows that they had previewed like Animal Practice and Go On, which I think have both been shown at least twice.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A show I know I will avoid is "Revolution." My willing suspension of disbelief can only take so much. Some evil genius figures out how to stop electricity and nobody else on earth can start it up again? Please. The other thing I never like about these apocalypse shows is that no matter what catastrophe befalls mankind, it never slows down the production of ammunition.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, so far he looks pretty supercoppy.

I'll hang with it for a while if for no other reason some of my ancestors were named Corcoran.

Although I don't think any were either Civil War heroes or NYC coppers.

12. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

I do want to see "The New Normal."

Just in the previews, Ellen Barkin reminds me a lot of Jessica Walter in "Arrested Development."

Luckily (for many reasons), I don't live in Utah. The affiliate out there just pulled it from the fall lineup.

Draft saved Draft deleted