1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which new TV shows are you excited to watch, 2012-13 edition...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 4, 2012.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I have echo these thoughts. I was expecting it to suck, but enjoyed it.

Great strategy by NBC to show it after the Olympics without commercials. We were ready to turn off TV and go to bed, but stayed on couch and watched entire episode.

I'll give it another chance.

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I'll give it a shot.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Certainly nothing during the Matthew Perry previews during the Olympics gives anybody any reason to believe the show will be even remotely funny for one second ever.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, as always, I'm simply stunned when you don't like something.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Starman only watches Faces of Death and The Hills.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I saw Animal Practice yesterday.

It's a respectable cast with several people who you'll recognize from parts on other shows. The oldest brother from Weeds, the brunette from the underrated "Better With You" The bearded guy from "Mad Love", Bobby Lee from Mad TV.

I was underwhelmed by the first show, but I think it could have potential. I like a good ensemble cast.

7. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Not sure how I feel about "Copper" just yet. The first 10-15 minutes were not the best TV I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot). It did start to pick up after that, though. I'll probably give it a few more episodes before I write it off completely.

They could really endear themselves to me by expanding Franka Potente's role.

8. NDub

NDub Guest

The fall schedule looks pretty weak.

Last Resort is probably the one I'm looking a bit forward to. Shawn Ryan usually makes good TV, but this concept doesn't really excite me.

The Following on Fox could be cool, but I'm very curious how such a concept could be stretched into a TV series.

Revolution has a cool concept, but being an NBC show, I think it'll go the way of The Event or something. JJ Abrams can create a helluva concept, but he rarely sticks around past initial EP duties, which is why shows like Alcatraz failed.

SlashFilm is a site I visit daily and really enjoy their work. They got exclusive screenings of several fall TV pilots at Comic Con. It's interesting to hear their takes -

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm really, really looking forward to World Without End, the big-ticket, spare-no-expenses 8-week miniseries on ReelzChannel (DirecTV channel 238) produced by Tony (RIP) and Ridley Scott, directed by Michael Caton-Jones and starring Cynthia Nixon as the conniving Petranilla, a firey brunette named Charlotte Riley as an almost-witch, Copper's Thomas Weston-Jones as her lover Merthin, Miranda Richardson as the head nun, and Ben Chaplin as the hunky knight-with-a-secret turned monk. Set in the 14th Century, it's the follow-up to Ken Follett's Pillars of the Earth. It's going to be fantastic and every single one of you need to watch it and tell all your friends to; you teachers out there need to give extra credit to your students for watching it; pastors reading this need to assign it to their congregations; doctors should prescribe it to all their patients...Starts in October. Don't miss out on the TV event of the fall. You've been warned.

12. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I liked Copper more than I thought I would. I'm going to stick with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted