1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which new TV shows are you excited to watch, 2012-13 edition...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 4, 2012.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think I would give Elementary a try. I think Mindy Kaling is interesting, but I think her show will suck out loud. I am more interested in what kind of overhaul they'll have for the second season of Smash.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Stop reading my mind! Uncanny.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I know it's not a sitcom or anything, but I can't wait till Duck Dynasty returns later this year. That show is freaking funny.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I agree about Kaling. Granted, I've never been a big fan of The Office, but I've never really understood why people think Kaling walks on water... I'll check the show out to see if they're right...

5. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

I'm not usually one to get all excited about the new fall lineup. But I will definitely be checking out "Last Resort." I'll watch anything with Andre Braugher in it.

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

And the over-hyping of it makes me think it's going to be a shitshow.

But I will be watching the pilot for sure.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'll watch "Go On" because I'm a sucker for Matthew Perry.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Me too

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think Revoultion is getting a preview during the Olympics as well. I'll be curious how that works, putting these shows on at 11:30 at night... I guess it can't hurt...

I think some of the other networks are getting an early start as well. I saw a commercial last night that Happy Endings and Apartment 23 come back next week.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Which is strange seeing as Modern Family doesn't come back till the end of September.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Modern Family is having some pretty serious contract issues with its stars -- all the adult characters are suing. Bosses say it won't affect production, but I'm not so sure. Anyway, that could be the reason for that unusual scheduling.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Settled last week.

And ABC's summer slate had been getting hammered even before the Olympics, wouldn't be surprised if that helped spur the move to early premieres.

Wise for NBC to launch a couple of shows early, especially new ones, which can get lost in the shuffle when dozens of new shows are competing for viewers. Figure you are on the hook for the first 13 anyway, if it tanks, it tanks and you can throw a midseason replacement in there for November sweeps instead of trying to figure out whether to keep it or not.

Works the other way too: Once Upon a Time debuted in late October about the same time as Grimm - they both have a second season.

Draft saved Draft deleted