1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which new TV shows are you excited to watch, 2012-13 edition...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I post this now because NBC is showing a couple of its new series next week in late night spots after the Olympics. I know Matthew Perry's new show begins Wednesday I think and the show about a pet hospital that I've read in a couple places is supposed to be one of the better new comedies, I think begins next Sunday...

Of the new network shows, I can't really say that many have stood out in a, "Wow, I can't wait to see that..." way... I'm curious about the Jonny Lee Miller/Lucy Liu Sherlock Holmes show...

I'm definitely more excited about the second season of Homeland and Boss than I am any of the new stuff...

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

None.

Seriously.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Nashville with Connie Britton and Last Resort (the submarine one) with Andre Braugher and produced by Shawn Ryan (The Shield). Vegas (with Quaid and Chiklis) also looks good.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

It's Last Resort." Shawn Ryan, the creator of "The Shield" is behind this. I'll give anything he does a chance.

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

+1

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Andre Braugher could do a show about a petting zoo with talking animals and I think I'd STILL watch it.

7. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Last Resort sounds cool. I am a huge fan of the BBC show Sherlock but I don't know about "Elementary." I like Jonny Lee Miller but always thought Lucy Liu was kind of annoying.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Teenage son wants to see "Revolution." Definite Hunger Games vibe with the female hero surviving on her wits and her crossbow. Could be interesting.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This is the first time in a long time where there isn't anything I'm excited for. It seems like a really weak crop.

10. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Nothing for me. They all look ... meh.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Nashville with Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere? Could be worth it for the eye candy factor.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

"The Following" on Fox. I believe it's a mid-season deal, but I've read a lot of good buzz in the industry trades. Kevin Bacon + serial killers = sexy times.

http://www.tvweb.com/shows/the-following

Draft saved Draft deleted