1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which movie are you most interested in seeing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Nah....it's the Blazing Saddles like ending with Natalie Portman playing Mrs. Lincoln watching the whole play unfold.

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

A couple of my coworkers, who wanna be pilots, were so angry when they came back after seeing this film. I wanna see it because I love Denzel and the story sounds intense. They thought it was two hours of planes, like Top Gun or some shit.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

New question:

Life of Pi?

http://www.reelz.com/trailer-clips/64633/life-of-pi-trailer/

OR

Killing Them Softly

Which one would you see first?

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Life of Pi. Cannot wait.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I would watch DDL act his way out of a canvas sack. It would be better if it was from about 20 years ago and he was shirtless though.

Oh, and Skyfall sucked.

6. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Have seen both Skyfall and Lincoln.

Skyfall. I think Craig is a kick ass Bond. Bardem is a great villain. However, the drawn-out ending was a bit silly.

Lincoln was great. Outstanding acting and yes there's a lot of talking ... but you have that with great acting. DDL is a great damn actor, IMHO.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Recently saw both and if ou are going to see just one, I would recommend Skyfall. There is a ton of great action. Craig is a badass Bomd and Javier Bardem is great as the mastermind. Judy Dench ain't no slouch.

There was lots of great acting in Lincoln, DDL, Tommy Lee Jones and I think I saw Paul Giamatti as well. But there is no typical action scene, not even a battle scenes. Very heavy on dialogue. It also helps if you have a background jnderstandjng of what is going on and why the 13tb amendment was necessary.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

1. Only if they showed a trailer for "John Dies in the End" before the movie; Giamatti is not in Lincoln.

2. I thought Spielberg did and excellent job of explaining why they 13th Amendment was necessary; I figured he approached it as if he needed to explain it to America's 4th grade-level understanding of pre-1990 history, as well as the rest of the world's.

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

That's my bad. It was Bruce McGill I was thinking of. (I am terrible with the whole recognizing people in films). Sally Field was also terrific and Hal Holbrook was in it as well.

I'm just saying I had to explain to my wife (who is very bright otherwise, but not into history) what was going on regarding the amendment fight

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If some of the reviews I've read are any indication"Skyfall" may be the best Bond yet.

"Life of Pi" looks fabulous. BTW, the book is worth reading. It was a huge best-seller up here and won a bunch of awards including the Man Booker.

"Red Dawn" has been universally panned. The original was pretty dumb but this re-make is apparently cretinous. Toronto Star gave it half a star (out of four)

Looking forward to see if after numerous attempts, someone captures the spirit of "The Great Gatsby" None have done it so far.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Skyfall was fantastic. All of the nods to the classic Bond movies were just great for me. I actually didn't recognize Javier Bardem at first with the bleach blond hair. I knew that I knew him from somewhere, but I just couldn't place him.

Also, I didn't realize Albert Finney was in this one (he was almost unrecognizable as well). Huge fan of him and he didn't disappoint.

12. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I think it would've been quite a task to try to actually emulate Lincoln's voice, which by all accounts was shrill when he first began speaking before warming as he went along. I thought Lewis captured the prairie accent pretty well, as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted