1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which movie are you most interested in seeing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Nov 4, 2012.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Have a date with my daughter to see Bond, even if i didn't like Bond movies, (love them), getting asked to go out to the movies by your 16 year old daughter is sweet.

2. turski7

turski7 Member

I'd go for Bond. Lincoln can wait.
    I wish "The Other Dream Team" was in a theater near me. Really want to see that. Have to wait until DVD/Netflix/Pay channels.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I have a date with my dad to see the Bond movie when he comes to visit me over Thanksgiving. (Going to movies is our thing.)

Also going to go see Lincoln. Already planning to do a post-Christmas Les Miserables-The Hobbit double-feature with my friend.

Saw Wreck It Ralph this weekend. It was fantastic (especially if you're a fan of video games), as was the short beforehand, Paperman.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

According to the people I know who've seen Lincoln, this is an accurate photo of the audience:

[​IMG]

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Betcha the gunshot will wake their asses up

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I saw a commercial for that and started laughing. How long has that thing been on the shelf? Two years? Three?

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'm probably going to get shot like Lincoln for saying this, but I think Daniel Day-Lewis is so over the top, he borders on sucking.

I did like him in "Gangs of New York," though.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'd rather see Louis C.K. in the role.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The audience is lucky 'Lincoln' is only two hours.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You're all wrong ... it's all about the Hobbit! And, yes, I'm changing my name from Spartan Squad to The Fighting Sheldons

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you can only see one in a theater - I'd go with Skyfall, I hear Lincoln is very much a "talky" movie.

that photo reminds me of my time working at a video store, we had to explain to customers what a "sleeper" film was. It wasn't a movie that was so boring it put you to sleep.

Draft saved Draft deleted