1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Kennedy would have been best?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, May 23, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I start this knowing what other Kennedy threads have evolved into, so I'll set the ground rule and the premise right here. No idiot bashing, no stupid-assed Mary Jo quips. Real adult answers.

Which Kennedy of the three -- John, Bobby and Ted -- would have made the best president, assuming all three could have/would have been elected.

Ted is the only one I've been alive for, but in all my readings, I probably would have preferred Bobby the most.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Jack, by miles and miles and miles and miles.

And I've seen the entire act, live and in living color.

Jack.

And a MATURE Teddy, a distant second.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Kennedys: Greatest Family in the Universe or Greatest Family on Earth?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How about John-John?

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

RIP to hot-ass John-John.

:(

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Bobby seemed a more personable and moderate version of Jack. I actually feel a bit cheated by history that I never got to be alive for either of them.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Rose.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

BWUHAHAHAHA!

Good answer.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Bobby certainly would have benefited greatly from what was learned during Jack's presidency.

Ted is third in this three horse race.

10. JFK
    RFK
    EMK

The interesting hypothesis is whether RFK would have won the nomination in '68 and would he have gone on to beat Nixon? The momentum coming out of California would have been huge, but would it have been enough to kick Humphrey to the curb?

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Joe Jr., who died win World War II on a secret mission to bomb the hell out of Germany, was the one the family had its hopes pinned on. Jack was seen as a fallback.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Interesting question Allie -I say it would have be Ted. Bobby seemed too punitive with his enemies. JFK had the vision thing but history has not served him well so its hard to put him at the top of list.

Draft saved Draft deleted