1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which is worse?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by footballworld, Oct 23, 2006.

1. footballworld

footballworld Member

Kenny Rogers Cheating

or

Pete Rose Betting?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Pete Rose betting on Kenny "The Gambler" Rogers, knowing that Kenny Rogers cheated!

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Since we know for a fact that Pete Rose gambled and no one involved is last night's game has openly accused Kenny Rogers of cheating and he has been exonerated by the umps, La Russa and MLB, this is a moot thread.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

1. Pete Rose betting
    2. someone starting a thread in which Kenny Rogers' alleged cheating is assumed true despite no evidence

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Saying it for fun and saying it for fact are two vastly different things, Junkie.
    I mean, let's just say for fun that Barry Bonds tested postive for steroids in 2002. Then he never would have hit 73 home runs in a season and we'd all be happy about that..

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I'll play. Let's assume Kenny Rogers is proven beyond any doubt to have cheated. Pete Rose's betting on baseball is still worse.

7. I dunno. If the mystery pitching coach in Jon Heyman's column is telling any sort of truth, Rose is a saint compared to most pitchers today. It's just that Rogers was dumb enough to get caught.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jon_heyman/10/23/scoop.rogers/index.html

8. Point of Order

So what about the day Rose didn't bet? It's tantamount to betting against them. Also, the gambling ban is THE RULE to top all rules in baseball. It's a matter of magnitude. Gambling is to breaking one of the Ten Commandments as doctoring the ball is to committing the sin of pre-marital sex.

9. joe

joe Active Member

I like betting AND premarital sex. Does that make me bad?

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Smoking dope isn't part of the 10 Commandments either. Is that a sin, too?

11. XXXX

XXXX Member

how come batters can use pinetar and yet pitchers (and we all know most use it) aren't allowed to? pinetar is not that big of a deal. it just allows the pitchers to get a better grip. its not like sandpaper which allows the ball to cut and change direction.

12. Point of Order

Only if you're a baseball player and a Baptist.

Draft saved Draft deleted