1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which game would you want to cover?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

The baseball game.

P.S. No, I'm not sick.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

So after trying to find the lacross game, I could not. The field was not located on the campus of the school, so I tried to ask the locals where it was. Judging by the looks of their lazy eyes and the directions I received, I knew I was doomed. I eventually found a game, and arrived with 6 minutes left in the third quarter. It was 4-4, so I thought the underdog was doing pretty well. By the end of the game, I came to the realization that it was the Junior Varsity game. I should have known by their pre-pubescent faces. Chalk this one up to experience. I still got a story out of it though.

3. You guys aren't asking the right question: What game ends the earliest? I'd pick that one.

Is the lacrosse game in the daytime? Well, that would make it a no-brainer to cover, being that the baseball game is at night. I root for me.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I would choose lacrosse just because i've never covered or ever seen lacrosse. I covered a home team's first baseball game under their new lights last night and it didn't do much for me except make me work later.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Would a long baseball game go past your deadline? If it does not make the next day's paper, I think that would be a factor.

6. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Awesome mantra.

7. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I pick lacrosse because you have the starting parts of your story already. Also, two best programs, this could be a potentially exciting game.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

To those who thought the lacrosse game was going be close, not so much, as the powerhouse killed the underdog 11-3. Today I have the option again to see a baseball game or go to a lacrosse game with the same school that I was supposed to cover, but at a different location. The baseball team plays at home and they are not that great, but I have covered them before. The lacrosse team plays the second best team in the state (the laxers are ranked 3rd). Thoughts?

Edit - The big guy made my decision for me

9. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

If a blowout is at risk, lacrosse has a clock at least. A bad baseball game can go on and on...

Draft saved Draft deleted