1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which game do I go to?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Jun 19, 2006.

?

Which game do I walk into tomorrow?

1. Yankees at Phillies

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. Marlins at Orioles

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. KP

KP Active Member

If you go to the Yanks game, sure you get to see a new park, you get to cheer against evil. Keep this in mind, you will still be in Philthadelphia.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

The only problem with Citizens Bank is the parking. When I was there last summer, there was one way in and one way out. And plenty of time to kill while waiting in the car to get back onto Broad Street.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Philly -- two reasons.
    1) Fuck the fish
    2) Go to Geno's so you can walk up and say "Quisiera que dos cheesesteaks satisficieran"

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

did you go?

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Nah. I had some things come up around here. Settled for a few innings of the AA game around the corner. Probably going to go to the Inner Harbor on Friday afternoon, though.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i've been to that park -- had a great time when i went

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

It's in serious need of an upgrade. It's been caught and surpassed. You ought to see Altoona; it's a miniaturized major-league ballpark.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Damn, shot, you missed a great relief performance by Arthur Rhodes in Philly.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I saw it.

It was just 16 years ago in Baltimore.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Blair County Ballpark rocks. Sad that I haven't been there more frequently now that I live within shouting distance.

The new State College ballpark I've heard is marvelous, too.

And for whoever said traffic near the Bank is horrible -- you're right, if you go the advertised routes. Go the back way one block down from Broad and you're in decent shape.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Exactly. I was in attendance for Rhodes' ML debut.

Draft saved Draft deleted