1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which game do I go to?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Jun 19, 2006.

?

Which game do I walk into tomorrow?

1. Yankees at Phillies

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. Marlins at Orioles

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Which city is closer?

2. Outta Here

Outta Here Guest

If you choose Philly, you can always see if Bull's barbecue is any better than Boog's. Yes, in the 'blatant-ripoff-let's-employ-a-large-former-cult-hero' to sell food, Greg Luzinski plays the role (or steak roll) of the Boog at the new Vet. (Sorry, no need to advertise the bank here).

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Go to camden. Even if the game sucks, Legal Seafood is just down the street.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Camden Yards, yes, two or three times. Philly's new ballpark, no.

Baltimore, about 90 minutes straight down I-83. But parking is so bad you need to park outside the Beltway and take light rail to the stadium. Philly's two hours, but you can easily park near the stadium.

5. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Go to Philly and thank the Lord they tore down the Vet.

Of course, the last game I saw in Philly was at Connie Mack. But I don't get out much.

6. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

dontrelle willis is worth the price. go to baltimore

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Mussina's throwing in Philly, so that may be about a wash.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Cabrera vs. Willis has the potential to be a gem. And parking is really quite easy around Camden Yards. I've never actually taken the lightrail.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i voted for baltimore, but that was before i knew you hadn't been to the new park in philly... so switch one vote over

10. Outta Here

Outta Here Guest

I'd say Philly; only 'cause you haven't been there before. Camden Yards is better, because it was built with town around it; not just a distant glimpse of Center City out well beyond the outfield, which you get with the new Vet.

The thing is, I think there's only standing-room only tickets left in Philly to see the infidels in pinstripes; so head down 83 to Balmer. And you can park for $10 at the hotels by the Inner Harbor and it's a 10-minute walk, 15 minutes if you take it really slow or have children with you. If you've got time to hang out and make a day of it, the vote is easily for Baltimore just for all you can do around the Inner Harbor or Fells Point.

Back when the O's were worth watching, parking was much worse and the hassle of Light Rail mighta been worth it. But now that they blow - and always will as long as Angelos and his meddling sons act like Ted Turner of the '70s - tickets and parking are plentiful. So hit Baltimore tomorrow and take the next opportunity to head to Philly.

11. accguy

accguy Member

I don't like Philly as a town, but I do like Citizens Bank Park so I'd say go there. It's a good ballpark and you can go to Chickies and Pete's before or afterwards for some good eats and beer.

Plus, you're closer to Baltimore and seats will be really plentiful there later in the season.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Don't know if I'm going to either now ... thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon. :(

Draft saved Draft deleted