1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which football team should I go see play?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ilmago, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I was at that game - Falcons-Bills that is. Just the usuals in the home lockers and a huge mob waiting to get a few words with Vick.

2. Simon

Simon Active Member

Not anymore. With the Chiefs treating fans like shit and raising prices to insane levels after the tax payers paid for stadium renovations, no one goes the games. They might be blacked out by week 5 or 6.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Pick your battle here and just go.

Look for people holding up tickets in one hand -- those are called scalpers (a catch-all term, they're not really scalping unless they're charging more than face value).

There are games where you'll have to pay a premium to buy, others where you can get face value, and still others where they'll practically throw the ducats at you to get something back. Screw the middle man.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I can get seats to UVA games on Stubhub right now for $15 a pop.

It isn't VaTech, but it you will get the college football experience, and a lot of very pretty girls in sundresses.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Not including Ole Miss, obviously....if you want pretty girls in sundresses, head to Appy State. My, oh, my is that place crawling with them. Damn good game-day atmosphere.

6. It's probably best. How big a screen do you need to see Cutler's interceptions?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. printdust

printdust New Member

Haul ass to Arlington, Texas, tonight to catch the preseason version of the Cowboys and consider the cost of a ticket a donation to charity -- the small percentage that doesn't go in the Boss Hawg's pocket going to keeping the city of Arlington afloat. And along the 10-minute mark of the first quarter when you are bored stiff, you can take a tour of the Cow Palace.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Policy? On swearing? Not in my house.

Only policy I have is a No Steelers Fans Allowed policy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted