1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which football team should I go see play?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ilmago, Sep 1, 2010.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

College experience can't be beat at Wisconsin. Granted I went with 17 of my closest friends, but still... it would have been fun with a small group too.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That's why I added "depending on your location".

But yeah, traffic accidents can always fuck up a commute. In DC and everywhere else.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I agree that college football is a better experience, but why not find a weekend where you can do both? Hit KU or Mizzou one day and go to the Chiefs game the next. Or do Madison and Green Bay. Or West Virginia and the Steelers. You get the idea.

That would make for an awesome weekend in my mind.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You will never see this at an NFL game.

That said, Mike and Mike were talking about this on the ride in this morning, and honestly, a bar full of Steeler (or insert your favorite team) fans is a nice mix of watching with friends and getting some comforts of home.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

A bar full of Steelers fans is the ninth circle of hell. And fuck Lambeau Field.

Don't have much experience with college games. Only seen one, and that was an SWC game, so it doesn't really count. But now that I have DirectTV and the Sunday ticket, I may never see another NFL game again. Not worth the money and hassles.

6. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

My son and I have tickets for next Thursday's Saints-Vikings game. ;D

I'll make sure to let y'all know how it goes.

7. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Is it hard to get tickets to a College Football game?

Are tickets expensive?

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Stubhub.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

If you want to pull a weekend double, you'd be hard-pressed to find better experiences than Folsom Field on Saturday and Invesco Field on Sunday. As for the football on the field, that's a different story.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Well shitballs. I was gonna invite you and yours over one Sunday. Open invitation.

I'll make sure to use the smallest TV for the Bears game. :)

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I meant I'll never see another game live. I'm certainly happy to join others (as long as they're not Steelers fans) for a Sunday of NFL viewing. What is the policy on swearing at your place?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

One of the best college football experiences is Army at West Point. There's a great parade of the cadets before the game, and the stadium on the Hudson, especially during the fall is awesome.

If you're going for the doubleheader, West Point is probably an hour and a half or so from the New Meadowlands Stadium. You can match up Army with a Jets or Giants game.

Draft saved Draft deleted