1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which current NFL players will make it to Canton?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 30, 2011.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Are you conscious?

2. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Yes but his point is that Rivers is barely half way to Fouts so to say he is Fouts doesn't make sense yet. Rivers could easily win a SB and he could also suffer and injury and fall off.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The Chargers have had some loaded teams that did jack shit. Talent-wise, they were as good as any team in the NFL a few years ago. Sure, they could make a Super Bowl someday, but I would give them a 25% chance.

Plus, doesn't he have Norv as his coach? And I think the Chiefs will be the class of that division next year.

4. 93Devil

It will be no fun to say he will break all of Fouts' records four years from now when he is only about 6,000 yards and 25 touchdowns away.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Okay, Jack Handey.

6. 93Devil

Well he does have a better chance than Jay Cutler.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

If Sid Luckman is in, Cutler's in.

8. 93Devil

When I think of Cutler, luck does not come to mind.

Damn Bears came so damn close to pulling that one out last year.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

That comment was brought on by what I thought was a near-idiotic post by someone who said they'd remember McNabb from when he threw incomplete passes to the sideline and when he barfed in the huddle.

I will remember Eli's days at Ole Miss and Isadore Newman prior to that. I will remember Jerious Norwood playing a playoff game at Brandon High, then matriculating to MSU. I will remember Favre at Southern Miss.
    I will remember Chris Jackson (Rauf) at Gulfport High and Shane Matthews at about the same time at Pascagoula High.
    These are all part of the overall memories I developed as a sportswriter and a fan of sports.
    To focus on a person's inablity to make the Halls due to some inadequacy is childish, and usually NOT done straight to the athlete's face. Sports aint all about winning, though we've seen it evolve to something like that.
    No blue font intended on this one.

10. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Umm sorry but athletes are generally remembered for what they did in the biggest moments good or bad. Mention Joe Montana and most people think about the Drive and SB's. Mention Bill Buckner and everyone thinks of the one play, nevermind he was an All-Star who had over 1,000 runs, 1,000 RBIs and nearly 3,000 hits.

For McNabb his biggest moment was the SB. When he could have led a drive like Montana he was busy puking because the pressure was too much. That sums up him pretty well. He was good enough to win and get the SB but when the big moment came he blew chunks ... literally.

11. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

If thats how you want to remember him, fine.
    To each his own.
    I think if you saw him and talked to him I'm betting you wouldn't bring that up.
    The man had a lot of high moments, just like Shane Matthews at Florida and Chad Henne at Michigan.
    The criticisms, I'm saying, only seem to come from anonymous, faceless sources.
    I don't roll like that.
    But I respect your choice to do it.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I generally associate John Elway with that moment.

Fuck Joe Montana.

Draft saved Draft deleted