1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which current coach and/or manager is the worst in sports?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Sep 20, 2007.

?

Which current coach and/or manager is the worst in sports?

1. Herm Edwards

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. Tom Coughlin

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  3. Willie Randolph

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. Lloyd Carr

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. Isiah Thomas

29 vote(s)
    64.4%
  6. Charlie Weis

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. Wayne Gretzky

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Oh. Well, in that case, it's a picture of Spike Lee.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You have to be pretty god damn awful to beat out Coughlin and Edwards, but Zeke's the perfect piece of shit to do it.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Zeke's the only one who can do this. It's no contest. Coughlin's just a hard-ass everyone hates, and Herm is the king of not knowing how to use time management on the field.

If I was playing football again, I'll play for Patton's second cousin. I had a high school basketball coach who is exactly like him. Herm wouldn't know what time dinner is if you gave him a play clock and a Bulova watch.

Everything Zeke has touched after retiring from playing, he has run into the ground. It doesn't help that Dolan's stupid ass allow it to run its course in Gotham.

Gretzky is a figurehead, and Orgeron is just fucking nuts.

4. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

I am surprised this thread didn't create more of a buzz on this site. It basically turned into a Thomas shot thread and not what it or at least what I think it was intended to do. Maybe if we eliminated Thomas because he is above and beyond bad at everything he has done post career we would have a more buzz worthy thread.

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I wanted to vote for Herm Edwards. I really did. But I couldn't -- not with Isaiah Thomas on the list.

Now if we're talking general managers, then Carl Peterson gets the nod (preferably the boot).

6. D-3 Fan

I really wanted to vote Herm, but this thread is too good to pass up a chance to throw a haymaker at Zeke.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, if we're talking GMs, Peterson and Isiah have the almost insurmountable obstacle of Matt Millen to overcome.

8. D-3 Fan

Indeed, Starman. Millen has gotten a freebie for the last two weeks. It's only a matter of time before his name resurfaces to the top of the list.

9. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

I voted for 99. His first practice as the Coyotes' coach ... he didn't realize that he should be on the ice with the team. He took it in up in the stands.

YHS, etc

10. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Isiah Thomas - King Midas in Reverse

Everything he touches turns to dust. I still have no clue how he keeps getting hired for the jobs he got ...
    *-Raptors -- disaster
    *-CBA = Titanic
    *-Pacers - severely underachieved with a great team
    *-Knicks - see CBA

Unfortunately, my alma mater has to claim him as a graduate. Most of us are so proud ...

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

12. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I'm wondering how Greg Robinson goes from winning two rings as a coordinator with the Broncos to running the Orangemen, admittedly in the doldrums to begin with, completely into the tank. Was he really not that good of a coordinator with the Broncos and Longhorns ?

Draft saved Draft deleted