1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which current coach and/or manager is the worst in sports?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Sep 20, 2007.

?

Which current coach and/or manager is the worst in sports?

1. Herm Edwards

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. Tom Coughlin

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  3. Willie Randolph

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. Lloyd Carr

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. Isiah Thomas

29 vote(s)
    64.4%
  6. Charlie Weis

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. Wayne Gretzky

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's pretty self-explanatory. Of the coaches or managers listed, which one is the worst in sports.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Isiah Thomas. No ifs, ands or buts.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Are we talking just on the playing field?

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Factor everything in.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

How come half of those choices are NYC-centric? Fuck, the whole "the sky is fucking falling, ohmygawwwwwwd" bullshit among the NL East baseball fans is wearing really, really thin on this board.

6. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Willie Randolph does not belong on this at all. Isiah is a worse GM so I didn't vote for him as a coach. (which he really isn't that bad at) The game has passed Lloyd Carr by, he has taken the fun out of beating Michigan. It isn't even fair any more so he gets my vote. Michigan doesn't lack talent they lack a plan of attack and schemes.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Isiah, thanks.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Besides that, one choice only has a national championship ring. About 100-some coaches in NCAA football would give a left nut to be that terrible. Dude, I'm being blunt I know, but this list is total crap. There shouldn't even be a list. Let people come up with names.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

No, Isiah's an incredibly shitty coach as well. Can't do shit when he has great talent. Ask the Pacers.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Some guys are bad coaches and good humans. Others are good coaches and bad people. Isiah is all world at both: bad coach, prick.

11. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I'd like an explanation on how Isiah got the Zeke nickname. I've always been led to believe he cribbed it from Jerry West, who before being known as "The Logo" was "Zeke from Cabin Creek" derived from growing up in Chelyan, W.Va. I'd think Jerry would like his nickname back.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

At least he took them to the playoffs twice. But yes, he's terrible. Everything he gets his hands on either underachieves or completely falls apart.

Draft saved Draft deleted