1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which conference will lay a turd in the NCAA tournament this year?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Mar 18, 2009.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Big 12. With the exception of one team, I'm betting most of the others will exit quickly.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Big Ten. Seven teams will win a total of three games.

3. doctorx

doctorx Member

But it will be a little turd.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Who you got?

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

After 'snubbed' Penn State barely got past George Mason last night in the NIT, I think I'm going to have to say Big Ten.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Big 10 for sure. No way it should have gotten 7 teams.

The SEC can't lay a turd because it already is shit.... 3 teams, seeded 8, 9 and 13. Not a power conference this year.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Agreed. And none get past this weekend. It's becoming a rite of spring: grass grows, flowers bloom, and the Big 10 throws up all over themselves in the NCAA tourney.

On the opposite side of the coin, I would not be surprised to see an all Big East final four.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

What are you trying to say? Huh, huh? ;)

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

UConn without Dyson, Marquette without James, Pitt always chokes in the Sweet 16, Cuse burned out in Big East tourney, WVa just not that good.

That leaves Louisville and Nova (my dark horse)

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I prefer my turds in punch bowls.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Surprised I'm the only ACC vote ... with the exception of UNC, everyone is vulnerable.

Duke -- very good team but prone to bad shooting nights. They could easily get caught on the wrong end of one in round 2 and be done.

Florida State -- one man team. If Toney Douglas isn't hitting, the Noles could be one and done.

Boston College -- so up-and-down, a real enigma of a team. Could get blown out in round 1, could advance to the elite 8.

Clemson -- can't make a free throw when it needs to.

Wake Forest -- another very young team that's driven mostly by one player. James Johnson is capable of taking over, at least, if Teague isn't hitting. But Wake usually goes as Teague goes.

Maryland -- I honestly don't know how Gary even got 20 wins out of this team. With apologies to Headbutt, there isn't a whole lot of talent here, save for Vazquez. Milbourne, Mosley and Neal are inconsistent stiffs. Hayes is capable of scoring 25 or 0.

Draft saved Draft deleted