1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which college town papers are the least biased or homerish?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by King Of All Media, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

What I was thinking was Memorial Stadium becomes the third-largest population center in the state on game day. I thought it had something to do with third largest, but didn't think there were other cities big enough in the state to make Lincoln the third biggest city.

http://www.america.gov/st/washfile-english/2007/October/20071025174800abretnuh0.4235041.html
    http://www.ohwy.com/ne/l/lincoln.htm

2. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

I recall hearing that on football game days, tiny State College became the third largest city in Pa., after Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Whether or not that's true, I don't know.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That sounds more like it. I'm sure the stadiums Norman, Ann Arbor, Athens, Tuscaloosa, Auburn, Fayetteville, Clemson and others can make similar claims.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That's true.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The third largest city in Nebraska, after Omaha and Lincoln, is Grand Island with a population of about 45,000. So when 80,000 pack into Memorial Stadium - with more than a few driving in from Grand Island I'm sure - it becomes "the third largest city" in the state.

6. AP_Hack

AP_Hack New Member

Not to pick nits, but Bellevue is the third-largest city in Nebraska and Grand Island is fourth.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

What? No love for Beatrice, Papillion or Nebraska City? :D

8. Cortland.

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted