1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which college team that has won a national title will NEVER win one again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 24, 2013.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

In hoops, I have a feeling UConn is going to struggle to continue it's run.

In football, I think it would be tough to see Nebraska return to glory.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'm totally in agreement with you, because I think in a few years we're going to have at least an 8-team playoff, and then all bets are off, but ...

The particular circumstances that led to that early 1980s run -- weak programs in Florida and Pennsylvania and an administration that would look the other way -- really won't be duplicated. I won't say never, but I will be very surprised if Clemson is ever more than "in the conversation" re: a national title again.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

TCU's record since joining the Big 12: 10-10.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

His playing time at Augusta has never been linked to his residence. He plays at the whim of members who may or may not invite him, whether it was Gainesville or Columbia.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Not to thread-jack but that fan base is even more bat-shit crazy, if that was possible. The Gators are losing, Muschamp won't allow downfield passing and no one will sign Tebow. They're five minutes away from mass suicide.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Let's hope... :D

You're not saying South Carolina fans are crazier than Florida fans are you?

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he's a member at Augusta.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think he is. I think he has quite a few friends who are. I'm sure Hondo knows and I'm not being sarcastic.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/members-295227-club-national.html

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

You stole my answer. Michigan State has been Spartying it up for a half-century, too, and I don't see that changing in the next 20 years.

For hoops, add Holy Cross.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'll go out on a limb and say Cornell never wins a National Football Championship again. (1915, 1921, 1922, 1923, 1939)

Draft saved Draft deleted