1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which came first, KFC or the fish?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Feb 23, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

If you want to mix eating bad with eating good, get thyself to the Philadelphia area, go to Chickie & Pete's Crab House and Sports Bar and order a salad, where "all salads are a romaine lettuce base and topped with grape tomatoes, crutons, Crabfries, and dressing. The only extra toppings you can get on the salad are grilled chicken or shrimp.

That's right... at this sports bar fries are a topping for a salad. Not french fries (which they don't have, but what they call Crabfries - which look like french fries). I've never been there so I can't comment on the taste, but friends who have been there told me they can't believe that a salad comes covered in fries.

2. boots

boots New Member

Chickie and Petes is a great place to eat, drink and be merry.

3. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

I like KFC and LJS just fine, but am I the only one who after eating either can't even think about having it again for like 6 months to a year?
    Must be the grease.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I always get the cod when I go to LJS, since we have no seafood places here. I know, it's like going to McDonald's for pizza.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Very much agree. In fact, I have to be near the water (or in a very nice restaurant) to even think of ordering fish or seafood.
    It does seem as dirtier.

I eat fish and seafood when I'm near the water. That's it, unless I'm at a nice place where I know it's going to be fresh.

Draft saved Draft deleted